Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Creative Time Embossing challenge


I have a project that I've been wanting to try for awhile and the embossing challenge at My Creative Time gave me the perfect opportunity.  Sadly my photo does not show it off very well, but I embossed on clear cardstock (acetate).  I used the preloaded tag image on my Silhouette Cameo to cut the tag from the clear acetate.  Then I placed the acetate in a Sizzix Small Hearts embossing folder and ran it through my embossing machine.  Next I moved on to embellishing the embossed tag.  My patterned papers--red polka dot, printed book paper and love sentiment all came from the MME Lost & Found Union Square 6x6 paper stack.  I used Miss Emma's Stitched Heart Stacking Dies for all the little hearts and the Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set for the tag and Be Mine sentiment.  For the smallest heart I added a touch of Glossy Accents.  At the bottom of the tag I added a smoky gray gem and some teeny tiny key charms.  On the top of the tag I added my fabulous new chevron ribbon I found on a recent day trip hubby and I took to St. Petersburg at a really fun scrapbooking store called Whim-So-Doodle.  I unfortunately have no idea who makes the ribbon.  The ribbon is actually a bright white with red chevron.  Way too bright to go with my tag so I toned it down with some distressed tea ink from Tim Holtz.  Here's a close up view that shows the embossing a little better.  This tag looks way better in person.  The cloudy day (a rare occasion here in Florida) prevented me from getting a decent picture.  So sorry!

9 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Very pretty. I would never have thought to emboss on acetate. It looks great.
Rae Ann O.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Jeri!! Love the embossing! :)

Amy said...

I too love the embossing on acetate. Thanks, Amy

Jayne said...

Your tag is beautiful Jeri.
Jayne x

Cassandra said...

Love it! So pretty to use the acetate! Great job! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer's Challenge. :)

VICTORIA said...

I love your tag :)

Brenda said...

OMGOsh Jeri, I love, love this tag!! Love that it is clear and embossed, love the papers and love, love the charms! You rock my friend!! Hugs!!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW AWESOME job with your tag!looks great,Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer's Challenge!!!:)