
Monday, March 25, 2013
My Creative Time Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
Hello my crafty friends! Are you busy preparing for the upcoming Easter holiday weekend? Since we're still in Florida and away from our family it will be an uneventful day for us. I decided I better get a quick little package into the mail for my two granddaughters back in Michigan. I actually had time to check out the Designer Challenge going on at My Creative Time and it's really a fun one. A Tic-Tac-Toe challenge picked by Designer Kim. The challenge involves a chart and you have to pick three items from a row to create your design around. Well, this was tougher than I expected since I love to use all of the items that were there to pick from. So I decided to go with the middle row of the chart going up and down-Embossing of any type, Ribbon-Hemp or Twine and Texture-Metal, Burlap, Lace, etc.
After I finished my project I realized that somehow I managed to use all the items in the first row going down, too,-Use a Die, Button and Pattern paper. Hmmmm, hope this doesn't disqualify my project. For my project I used a premade tag that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I embossed it with my Cuttlebug Moroccan Screen folder and edged the border with an EK Success punch. I added a pretty blue patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl 6x6 paper pad on top of that. Next I added a piece of linen for the texture. Of course, it couldn't be an Easter tag without a bunny. My local scrapbook store just had an event last week to introduce Impression Obsession dies and stamps. I found this cute little bunny die. I cut him out in a coordinating blue and pink flowered paper from the same paper stack. Miss Bunny was just calling for a little pompom tail. Along with the bunny die I used the center heart from Emma's Stitched Scallop Heart Die Set. One of my absolute favorite of Emma's dies is from the Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set. I use the little banner from that set for everything. Recently Emma showed, in one of her videos, how to make the banner with points at each end by cutting the banner and then turning it around and placing the flat end at the pointed end of the die then running it through the cutter again just hitting that end. I had to try it. Sure enough, it worked. Not that Emma would tell stories, but I doubted my own ability. After I had the banner cut I used the Chocolate Greetings word stamps for my sentiment. I placed the banner on my tag and added tiny pink heart buttons on each end. For the finishing touch I added some Stampin' Up striped ribbon, a little pink hemp and finally a pretty blue button to the top of the tag. Now I have to hurry off to the post office to get my package in the mail. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday surrounded by family. Thanks for stopping by!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
How cute! Lovin' that bunny tail!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)
Super cute tag!!!
wow your tag is amazing! love the soft colors! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time Designer Challenge!
liz
This is very sweet and beautiful, nice job! Thank you for playing along with the My Creative Time challenge! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)
Oh Jeri, I love this tag!! Love the embossed part, love the bunny, burlap and oh heck, I love it all!! Great job my friend!! Hugs!
Jeri ~ oh this is simply BEAUTIFUL! The soft subtle colors, the burlap, your inking ~ okay every little detail is so PRECIOUS! WOW! Thank You for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge!
AWESOME Job with your sweet little tag!!!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)
Such sweet pastels and die cuts. Wonderful Easter tag. :)
Your tag is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! I love it! Thanks for playing along!
Big hugs,
Emma:)
Post a Comment