Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Cutting Cafe Craft Supply Planner


Well, I went way out on a limb this week for my Cutting Cafe DT assignment, let me tell you why. This week the Design Team was tasked with the assignment to use Regina's brand new Craft Supply Planner. Unlike many crafters, I don't have a craft room or shelves and cupboards full of craft supplies. I keep my supplies pretty much to the bare minimum because I live in a very small space and make my cards at my dining table. Many of you know about hubby and I downsizing after retiring to a 500 sq. ft. home. Not having that many supplies to keep track of, I don't really need a craft supply planner to keep organized.

The only craft related supply that I have out in the open is my brand new cube organizer. Just a couple weeks ago I was out shopping with my crafty friend Jennifer. We always have the best time looking for craft bargains. While checking out the shelves at Walmart I came across this craft cube in the clearance section for only $6. It isn't really big so I thought it would fit nicely on my counter behind the dining table and was hoping it would hold my basic tools that I use each time I craft. One side of the cube has a magnet board on it so I originally thought I could disguise it with a few photos. Then the Craft Supply Planner file arrived from Regina with this awesome title page sentiment. It was just perfect to frame and add to my cube. I cut a black cardstock frame for it with Cricut's Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge. After I printed the page, I cut the sentiment out and mounted it to a coordinating colored pattern paper and placed it in the frame. The cube came with two ugly plain metal magnets. I embellished them with some felt layered flowers and stuck the completed project onto the magnet side of the cube.

Here's a little view of how my inks and acrylic blocks fit into the compartments. Yes, that's all the ink I have, other than the mini cube Distress Inks that I keep in storage tins inside my cupboard. Ten Ranger Dye Inks, VersaMark, Momento Tuxedo Black and four new Hero Arts Ombre Inks.


The other side of the cube has a drawer and a section with a lid that lifts up on top. This top section has a slit in it for ribbon rolls to pull through. I rarely use ribbon so I put my basic tools in there-glue dots, glue pen, small bottles of Glossy Accents and Matte Multi Media adhesive, mini mister, white gel pen, QuickStik, Wink of Stella pen, Post-It tape, waterbrush, and Dove Blender. The last side, which I forgot to take a picture of, has pegs where I hang my Scissors and tweezers. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the cube spins.


Before hubby and I downsized we had a huge home where we raised our five children. I was lucky enough to have an amazing craft room with all the tools and supplies, of which I only used about a quarter. Needless to say, I got rid of tons of stuff. Now that we have settled into our new tiny home and seen how much we love living small we are making adjustments here and there. Right now I have some lower cabinets where my supplies are stored in Ikea boxes. Recently, I've been having trouble lifting the boxes out of the cabinet because of arthritis and tendonitis in my hands. Hubby has been watching me struggle (and hearing me curse) and is taking pity on me. We have a small corner in the living area where I was thinking I might be able to fit another cabinet. After much searching, we decided to order a custom-made cabinet. The cabinet arrived today and when we took it out of the box it was damaged. I was so sad. Now we have to wait for another one to be built. I'll be sure to post a picture of it on my blog when it arrives. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Regina Easter said...

for someone that doesn't have much space you sure do whip out some amazing stuff....and I am one that agrees that LESS is SOMETIMES more

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how COOL!!! What a great idea for someone with limited space! :) Have a great weekend! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Doris E said...

Great idea!!!