Saturday, October 24, 2009

2Sketches4U DT Call Kazan's sketch


I'm so excited about my next two posts because they are the cards I made for the
2 Sketches 4 U design team call. I always love their sketches, they are one of my favorite challenge sites. Both Laura and Kazan are so talented and their designs are so inspiring. What an extreme honor it would be to be a part of their design team. For my card I chose to do an off center gate fold card from Kazan's sketch. I tried to prop the card open a little so you could see where it opens.
Papers:
  • Christmas ornament-Cloud9designs(Fiskars)
  • Stripe-Christmas Magic by Nancie Rowe-Janitz
  • Dark Green cardstock-DCWV
  • Holly print paper-Flair Designs Merry Little Christmas Collection

The ornament on this card was cut from Cricut's Joy of the Season cartridge. The holly cut outs of the ornament inspired my patterned paper choice, with the holly print, it was the perfect paper to go on this card. The berry embellishments are Crimson Pearls from Queen & Co. I added a simple gold cording bow.

The sentiment stamped on this card is from Hampton Arts. It also seemed to fit just perfect for the holly theme of this card. I used Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut roan and colored in the holly with Copics.

1 comment:

Rose said...

this is my fav!!! awesome papers and love the orniments :0) good luck on making the DT!!