Sunday, October 4, 2009

Project Tuesday Smores in a Jar/2RedBananas




I wasn't going to do this week's Project Tuesday (and 2 Red Bananas) because sadly, I didn't have a jar. Yesterday when my husband and I went to watch our grandsons' football games my daughter mentioned having some jars in her truck for a friend. My ears perked up and I asked what kind of jars and when she said quart canning jars I was so excited. The football games were quite some distance from where we live so I brought my new GYPSY from Provocraft for the long drive. I am still learning how to use it, but I just love it. I was able to design and plan out this project on the drive home. Then when I arrived home I just put my orange and black cardstock on my cutting mat, hooked up the Cricut to the Gypsy and poof, out it came. I grabbed my ingredients, which I already had, and whipped up my project. I had this cute spider ribbon that came from the $1 bin at Target so I used spiders to decorate my jar lid and tag. I cut them from the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge at 3/4". The spider webs are Goosebump Stickers from Imaginisce. My scalloped circle on the jar lid was cut from the Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge and the scalloped square is a Nestie. The black and orange print paper around the jar is called Spellbound from Making Memories. I did have to add a few rhinestones onto the webs for a little bling. I found 2 Red Bananas was also asking for a Halloween project, so this will work for that challenge, too. I'm so happy this was a quick project because we have a houseful of guests. My son is home on leave from the Marines with his wife and my daughter from North Carolina was able to come home, too. My son's buddy from Basic Training came up from South Carolina to visit for the weekend. Next week our other three kids (one from Ohio) and their spouses and children will come for a family dinner. Plus my husband's brother and his kids, his sister and her husband and my mother and father-in-law. It is so rare to be able to get them all together in one spot at the same time so we will enjoy every busy, noisy, crowded, hectic minute. Lots to do before then so I probably won't get too much opportunity to get into the design studio.

10 comments:

Stef H said...

you actually planned this in your truck?????? car???? WOW! smores are yummy and this package is fabulous!

hugs,

Teresa said...

Very cool little project. You should do a comercial for the gypsy. Thanks for joining the bananas.

Lynette said...

Wow - everything about this is really awesome! Enjoy your family gathering time - sounds like a wonderful time!

Jeanette - said...

Very cute! Sounds yummy too :) Thanks for joining us in the 2RedBananas challenge.

Mandy said...

Love your take on this project, it look fab!

Mandy

Mrs B said...

Oh, your project turned out great! I am so glad you got to play along with us this week! I also got my gypsy last week, and I am just loving it!!!
CindyB

Silli said...

This is very pretty jery... I love the colors! Happy day! Silke

Anonymous said...

Awesome project!

Wendy said...

Very, very cute project. I love the spiders and bling web, and the cute matching ribbon. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Enfys said...

This looks really cool, great project!
hugs
En x