Monday, December 14, 2009

Bitten By the Bug Winter Woodlands Branch


I'm just absolutely in love with SEI WinterSong double-sided papers. This blue, white and red has become my favorite color combo for Christmas cards this year. I new that bird in the red circle would be perfect to go with this branch cut from Winter Woodlands. I cut my branch at 2" from silver cardstock and shadowed with white cardstock. I used Frosted Lace Stickles down the center of the branch and Fired Brick Stickles for the berries. I placed my branch on the blue side of this double-sided paper, the red is the back side. I edge trimmed my blue piece with a Fiskars punch. I accented the small holes in the decorative edge border with pearls. I scattered a few red rhinestones for accent on this blue piece, also.

My sentiment is a digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe's Christmas Gift Tag set. I cut one of the circles out from the DP to put in the middle of the Peace on Earth sentiment. Then I cut it out and placed it onto a metal tag from my stash. I embellished with a red checked bow.

3 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Beautiful card Jeri!!! Love that paper and all your embellishments!! TFS

Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Terry

Sharon Caudle said...

Jeri, this card is stunning!! I love the papers and colors you used!! Beautiful design!! you rocked this challenge! Hope you're enjoying the holidays! hugs!

KimCreate said...

Jeri, Beautiful card! The paper is beautiful. I must remember to use my metal rim,ed tags too! I forget I have them.
Read you post from you New Years card. I too had Breast Cancer but in 2006. All better now!
Hope you have a wonderful 2010. God bless the troops!
Kim