

Wow! I can't believe this year is at it's end. This year was much better than the last (when I was diagnosed with breast cancer). My husband and I have our retirements to celebrate and the birth of grandchild number eight. I can't believe we have not worked in six months. Boy, that sure went by fast. So far, retirement is the best thing ever. I love not having to get up at 5:30 am with the alarm clock blaring. It is so odd though that every day is the same. I never know what day it is. It's like everyday is the weekend. I wanted my card to be bright and cheerful so I used bright colors and lots of sparkle. My print papers are DCWV The Whimsy Stack. I really mixed it up with the Cricut cartridges for this card. "Celebrate" is from Gypsy Wanderings, "It's" is from New Arrival, "New Year's Day" is from Designer's Calendar, and my party horn is from Sweet Treats. I designed this card with my Cricut Gypsy. My favorite thing about my Gypsy (besides it's portability) is being able to get images from different cartridges to be combined on one mat without having to change out the cartridges in the machine. Of course, you can do that with Design Studio also, but it isn't portable. It is so much more convenient. I still refer to my cartridge booklets though. I used Stickles, MS glitter pens and rhinestones for embellishment.
3 comments:
Fun card. Love the colours!
Sari
Great card Jeri...love the colors you used!!!
Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!
Hugs,
Terry
Hi Jeri,I really love your card, so creative, using so many sources to bring your card together. I have the design studio and keep getting tempted about gypsy. I enjoyed reading your blog, getting to know more about you. My best friend battled breast cancer and is now 8 or 9 years out and feeling good. She just visited me to celebrate my 55th birthday. I do not work but my husband, 54.5 is contemplating retirement, we just did some calculations again today and we are thinking in maybe in 1 to 2 years...I really look forward to it Happy Holidays to you and your family and best wishes for 2010. I look forward to seeing you always wonderful DT creations
Post a Comment