Monday, August 6, 2012

BBTB2 Hot Air Balloon


I'm the hostess for this week's BBTB2 challenge and as such, it was my turn to pick a cut to highlight.  Throughout the country at this time of year there are hot air balloon festivals going on.  That's why I decided to feature a Cricut hot air balloon cut.  Just in case some of my design team sisters didn't have a cartridge with a hot air balloon on it, I told them to use an airplane.  So if you want to join in the challenge this week you can use either cut from any Cricut cartridge.  I used Wild Card 2 for my balloon cut.  It's cut at 2.5" and placed on a background of my favorite sky paper from My Mind's Eye Goodday Sunshine collection.  I added a banner made from punched circles of paper from my scrap bin at I cut in half.  I saved the other half to use on another card coming in a future post.  I added some red mini rick rack across the top of the banner.  I thought it would be a fun addition to put my sentiment on a cloud.  The sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Ticket Talk 2 stamp set.

11 comments:

sophiesmama said...

I LOVE it, Jeri!! The banner really pops! Have a great week, my friend!
Hugs,
Mary

Carole Beath said...

This is such a delightful little sky scene... I love all the cuts and am especially delighted with that sweet little cloud lurking nearby. Thanks for a fun challenge.
Carole

Jayne said...

Pretty card Jeri.Thanks for such a fun challenge.
Jayne x

Anonymous said...

This was a fun challenge, Jeri. I love that balloon cut. The banner makes it really special.

Brenda said...

This card is just beautiful Jeri! I love all the fun colors, the banner, and the balloon. Looks like I might NEED Wild Card 2. lol Hugs!

Sandi said...

Jeri, love your hot air balloon and oh the colors you used, hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Just beautiful and such a fun challenge, Jeri! Love your banner and gorgeous papers. I've always wanted to see a hot air balloon festival. It must be just spectacular! xxD

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love the balloon cut from Wild Card 2. I have it on my shopping list! Cute use of scrap paper- love the banner!
Thanks for the fun challenge!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Jeri this is so cute. I love the matching banner and balloon. Also really like putting the sentiment on the cloud. Very cute. Thanks for a great challenge.

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Jeri
I really love your card, its so perfect, you nailed this challenge....
Hugs
Penny

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

I love, Love, Love this..It makes me so happy just looking at the fun bright colors..WOW...Krista