Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Creative Time Square Card Challenge

It's a rare day indeed.  Our company is gone (for now), all my design assignments are done and hubby is off golfing.  I actually had a day to play.  The first thing I did was get out my storage box with My Creative Time  Stamps and Dies to make a project for Miss Emma's current challenge for a square card.  Once every summer I send cards off to our Florida campground friends.  I needed a design that was simple and could be easily duplicated, without layers because I need to mail a dozen of them.  I started with plain white cardstock cut 4 x 8", scored and folded in half.  Next I went through my stamps and dies and decided to use the It's All About You stamp set.  Using the arrow stamp and my Memento Dew Drop Inks I stamped the arrow in the seven colors of a rainbow.  The colors I used were-Grape Jelly (Purple), Danube Blue (Indigo), Bahama Blue (Blue), Cottage Ivy (Green), Dandelion (Yellow), Tangelo (Orange) and Lady Bug (Red).   Once I decided on my design the process went quickly, starting with the sentiment stamped in the bottom right corner.  Next I cut out the arrow pieces.  This sounds tedious, but it was just of matter of four snips of the scissors for each one and didn't take much time at all.
I decided to draw a light line from the top left corner of the card towards the sentiment so my placement of the arrow strips would be straight.  When I was done placing the arrows I erased the line.  That's it, I had all the cards done in a little over an hour.  

I'm so excited because tomorrow July 10th, is the day to see  Miss Emma's newest release on My Creative Time For Me.  I know they're going to be fabulous and that I'll want them all, but of course I'll have to stay within a bit of a budget.  The best thing about My Creative Time stamps and dies is how well the newer sets will coordinate with the older releases so I know whatever I purchase will go along with the sets I already have.  

8 comments:

Cassandra said...

Love Love Love the rainbow colors! Perfect CAS card!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty, love the chevrons!!

Nana said...

Beautiful CAS.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Carol said...

Brilliant...love the rainbow colors and the simplicity of this design...tfs.
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol

Kate said...

Love this card, Awesome CAS.

Brenda said...

Oh Jeri I love this card! I love the simplicity of it and I love the great colors!! I was excited for the new release too, and like you I want it all, but won't be able to get it all at once. lol Darn, money is really putting a damper on things for me! lol, lol Hugs my friend!

Shar said...

Great card! Love the colorful chevs and simple sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at MCT!

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with these great cards,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)