Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Cutting Cafe Large Gift Bag

This week at The Cutting Cafe Blog the Design Team is featuring projects using the Large Gift Bag Template.  I made my bag with a 4th of July theme to hold a surprise for my granddaughter that was visiting us during the holiday.  I used the SVG file and my Silhouette to cut all the pieces for the bag. This bag cuts out approximately six inches wide, 9 inches tall and has a depth of about 4 inches.  The set comes with:
  • Two different size bag fringes
  • Seven sentiment tags (plus one blank)
  • Six long sentiment phrases
  • Six word trimmings
I cut the bag pieces for the bag itself out of a medium blue cardstock.  I used the large fringe on my bag.  Since I was going with a 4th of July theme I wanted to use my tricolor ribbon around the top of the bag and for a bow.  I added three firecrackers that I found in the Silhouette store.  (Note the firecrackers are not a Cutting Cafe file).  The handles for the bag are strips of cardstock cut at 1 x 11". Super simple and of course by varying your papers you could make this bag for any occasion.

7 comments:

Regina Easter said...

oh jeri i love this bag....so fantastic...hugs

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous! Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Brenda said...

Awww this little bag is too cute Jeri!! I love the 4th theme, those firecrackers are adorable and so is the fringe at the top of the bag! I bet your grand-daughter loved it!! And the goodies in it! lol Hugs my friend!

bumblebee creations said...

this is adorable!! love the colors!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

So patriotic and fun..Love the fringe:) Krista

Sparkly Engineer said...

This gift bag is wonderful. I love the patriotic, 4th of july theme.

Rose said...

what a FUN bag :)