Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Creative Time Alphabet Challenge


It's so nice to sit down, relax and create a card to enter into a challenge.  My Creative Time currently has an Alphabet Challenge going on.  Pick a letter from the Alphabet and add elements to the card that start with that letter.  I chose the letter B and here are all my B elements along with the My Creative Time sets I used for each one:
  • Balloons/Bow-Stitched Party Dies
  • Butterfly-Postcard Add-Ons
  • Banner-Chocolate Greetings (WELCOME)
  • Beautiful Blue Design Papers-My Minds Eye Moments Collection
  • Bubble-Stitched Round Speech Bubbles
I started with a dark navy BLUE textured cardstock for my gift card holder, next I added a stitched square from the 4 x 4 Journal Die set cut from a cute little polka dot print.  This gift card will be going to our friends that are moving into a new house this weekend.  We will be giving them a gift card from Bed, Bath & Beyond so they can buy something nice for their new place.  Going with that theme I added a little house that I made using the stitched arrow from the 4 x 4 Journal Die set.  I trimmed off the pointy ends to make it straight at the bottom to look like a house. I stamped some grass on the square before I added the house.  I used a stamp from the Hello Spring stamp set.  I masked off the flowers so only the grass would stamp on the paper.  I added pop dots to the house for dimension and placed a banner cut from the Chocolate Greetings Die/Stamp set behind it.  I stamped the word Welcome on it.  By the way, I'm using a fabulous Navy BLUE ink from Heidi Swapp for all my stamping.  Next I cut a small speech BUBBLE cloud from BLUE cardstock and placed it behind the house.  A small BUTTERFLY stamped from the Post Card Add Ons stamp set was my final addition to this part of the card.  What better way to celebrate than with a few BALLOONS.  I cut a grouping of three from pretty BLUE patterned papers and added a BOW to them.


For the inside of the card I added an stitched oval to stamp my sentiment on.  I used a couple different stamp sets and masking to personalize my inside message so it would say Congratulations on your new home.

Other MCT Products used:
  • Fun Variety on the Inside & Out (CONGRATULATIONS on your new)
  • This & That Stamp Set (home)
  • Hello Spring (grass)
  • Embossed Gift Card Holder
  • 4 x 4 Journal Die & More
  • Surprise Pop-Out Card Die (inside oval)

15 comments:

Cassandra said...

Ok..I think you get "extra credit" for even having your Gift Card with the "B"s in it!!!! Good one!!! Great job :) Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute, love the little scene!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at MCT!! Lee-Ann :)

Stef H said...

absolutely fabulous tho i thought you picked W for welcome - LOL. so? how r u? what's new? took my house off the market for the winter and now put it back "out there". i have an elderly couple coming tomorrow (hopefully BEFORE the snow gets here). i'm also a new gramma (again). my 1st grandSON. liam kenneth. i'm so excited and jade is happy dancing at becoming a big sister to a BROTHER!

stay well my friend. i think of you often. ok, maybe not often but every once in a while!

hugs :)

Brenda said...

Cute card Jeri! I am loving all your "B" items! I haven't entered this challenge as there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the days. One day though I am going to get there! lol Hugs my friend!

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL gift card holder, Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time / Designer Challenge!!! :)

Liz O. said...

Lovely Card/GC Holder Jeri! TFS
Have a lovely day!
Liz

Kim H said...

Jeri ~ Oh my word this is so darn PERFECT! I LOVE your take on the letter "B"! The papers, the details and the whole idea of using the Bed, Bath and Beyond card is so CLEVER!! You left out one ~ try BEAUTIFUL creation! Thanks or joining us over at My Creative Time ~ ABC Challenge!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so fabulous!! I love everything about this! Thanks so much for joining us at the My Creative Time ABC Challenge!!

Nikki Foraker said...

Super sweet project! Thanks for playing along at MyCreativeTime!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

I love this Jeri!!! Thanks for playing along with us this challenge!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Super cute!! LOVE all the Blue. Thanks for joining the challenge! Hugs, T

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Super cute! LOVE all the blue. Thanks for joining the challenge. Hugs, T

LucyLu said...

BEAUTIFUL gift card!!! I love it!
Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge!

jessica said...

Super Gift Card! Love all the MCT products you used!
Thanks for joining the My Creative Time Designers Challenge!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Beautiful papers! I love that the gift card also starts with a B! :)