Friday, March 28, 2014

My Creative Time Make Your Own Background Challenge


Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the current MCT challenge. The challenge is to create a card by making your own background paper. (No store bought patterned paper allowed).  I started my project by creating a 4x4 square card base and front using the 4x4 Stitched Journal Die and More.  Then I stamped the front layer of the card using the Get Schooled stamp set grid.  It wasn't really supposed to come out the color it is, but shame on me, I forgot to clean the stamp off the last time I used it. That's okay, there are no mistakes in crafting, as Miss Emma says and it's a nice contrast to the other design I stenciled. Next I used a stencil from Creative Imaginations to stencil a pretty flourish pattern right over the grid pattern. I just discovered the world of stencils, embossing paste and Tim Holtz inks. (Ya, I know, I'm way behind the times).  I used Tim Holtz Antique linen for the stenciling. I added a Stitched Scallop Heart (embossed with Swiss Dots) with a couple (Stitched Restroom Peeps) in the center.  I added a little heart to their hands (also from the 4x4 Journal Die set). A little hemp and a heart button from the Stitched Buttons Dies for embellishment and finally I added a sentiment from the Many Greetings Stamp Set stamped with red ink.

7 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty, thanks for playing along with the challenge at MCT!! Lee-Ann :)

Cassandra said...

Love how you embossed the heart! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Nikki Foraker said...

Just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime!

Brenda said...

This is a fabulous card Jeri! I love your "pattern" paper you made, and what a fun mistake. It turned out fabulous and worked for you and I agree with Miss Emma, no mistakes in paper crafting. lol Hugs

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo PRETTY, SUPER job!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!! :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a pretty card!! Thanks so much for joining us at My Creative Time!

jessica said...

Your card is so pretty! Love the background!!!
Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)