Friday, March 20, 2015

Online Card Classes Day Five-Coordinating Dies


Wow-I made it through the whole week of classes and finished my homework. Today's ONLINE CARD CLASS was all about Coordinating Dies that go with stamp sets. I, sadly, needed to make a sympathy card for a friend this week after losing one of the golfer's from our couples league to a cardiac arrest. It sure makes you realize how very quickly life can change. For my card I used a stamp and die set from My Creative Time. I started out by cutting a circle die and then cut the butterfly from and worked with the negative portion. Next I cut a circle of acetate and stamped the coordinating plaid butterfly image with black Staz-On ink. The next step was to find a nice background paper for the butterfly. I chose a green polka dot from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy paper pad. It had the perfect butterfly paper to go along with my die cut. After I added the background paper behind the acetate I cut another circle out of fun foam to give the die cut a little dimension. I added a panel of the butterfly paper to a white base card then cut two cooridinating prints for stripes on the front of the card, cutting on at .5" and the other at .75". Finally, I added my sympathy sentiment to a banner that I cut from a My Creative Time die and popped it up on the card front with a little foam tape. Now I need to go add all my card class cards to the student gallery. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm sorry you had to make a sympathy card Jeri. It does make you realize how fast life can change. I'm finding this out with hubby, not know if we will ever find a treatment that will work on this dreaded cancer. You did a fabulous job with this technique Jeri and good for you for being all caught up! I so need to get my homework done. I think I will follow your lead and do only one of the techniques they show for now. lol Hugs, Brenda