Monday, April 3, 2017
The Cutting Cafe Snail Mail
It's time for this month's first Design Team post at The Cutting Cafe. This is a free week and we could use whatever files/images we wanted. So I went back to my favorite actual stamp set from The Cutting Cafe called Animal and Bug Love and a card I designed when I first received it. I, specifically, needed a card that had a snail and a snail mail sentiment, so I set out to adapt it for a new card. This set was originally designed by Regina as a Valentine set so the mailbox that is in the set says Happy Valentine's Day on it so I couldn't use that mailbox. I tried every which way to try and get it done, but in the end just decided to use another mailbox stamp I had.
I started out by inking my background with Distress Inks to create a landscape for my images. Next I added a couple die cut clouds. Then I stamped my images onto cardstock with Memento Black Ink and colored the snails and mailbox with Copics. I fussy cut the snails and added them to the card with dimensional foam then added the mailbox behind the smaller snail. To finish the card off I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set to follow the slight curve of the hill. This card is going to get mailed to a sweet, young couple that makes You Tube videos of their RV adventures. I wish that I had a stamp of an RV that would have made this card even more perfect. That thought reminds me that I could design one for Regina to make into a stamp for me. I'll have to add that to my very long to do list. Don't forget to head to The Cutting Cafe Blog to see the rest of the Design Team's creations on April 7th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this card is sooooooooooooooooo adorable Jeri...thanks or using a stamp set...hugs
Post a Comment