Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Cutting Cafe Road Trip


I can hardly believe that the summer season is upon us. We are usually on our annual trek north to visit family and friends at this time of year. Sadly, we have no plans to travel this summer because we feel the trip would be too difficult on our aging dog. Last year's trip was really rough and for the first time he didn't do well in the car. We know our time with him is getting shorter because he is 14 years old, so for now we'll stay close to home. But, speaking of road trips this week's Cutting Cafe assignment for the Design Team was to use The Cutting Cafe Road Trip Time Again Printable stamp set. This set is so darn cute. It comes with 74 images and two shaped cards. Lots of bang for the buck with this set. I used two of the background images (road and large polka dots) for my card, then added the adorable car with the trailer on the back. I printed and hand cut all my images for the card. After I added the car and trailer I cut out the cute stack of luggage, tied a piece of hemp twine around it and added a little tag to the top of the stack. My sentiment is cut from another colored background piece that has all kinds of travel phrases on it. To finish the card off I decided to add some silver sequins to the centers of each tire. You'll want to see all the other fantastic projects from the Design Team. You can catch them at The Cutting Cafe Blog on June 7th. Thanks for visiting today.

1 comment:

Regina Easter said...

hey lady, this is such a fun card...you always make the cutest stuff...hugs