Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ahoy Matey/The Cutting Cafe/One Stop B'day

I won the Ahoy Matey set from The Cutting Cafe (http://www.thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/). How exciting is that?!!! Just in time to make a birthday card for my grandson and enter it in the birthday card challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge. If you haven't visited The Cutting Cafe lately, hurry over there. Regina has some awesome new digital image sets to die for. That is one busy lady. She had a little blog hop this week to preview some of her new images. And...because she is always so generous, did a giveaway. You had to visit each highlighted Design Team member's blog and leave a comment. This is never a hardship because you always, always see amazing cards and projects. Talk about inspiration. This set was featured on DeeDee Campbell's blog (http://deedeecampbell.blogspot.com/2009/10/ahoy-matey-pirate-stamp-giveaway.html). I was the lucky one chosen to win this set. Fun, fun, fun!
Now onto the specifics about my card. Like DeeDee, I chose to use a pirate image from Dustin Pike (http://doodledragon.dustinpike.com/Digis.htm). This is Lookout Pirate. Because I made my image small enough to fit in this spot on my card I used colored pencils to color it. I didn't trust myself with the Copics on such a small image. I had to add just a little bit of sparkle on the skull and crossbones flag with Martha Stewart glitter. I used one of her glitter markers on the pirate's bandana. My background paper actually came from DisneyWorld. I bought it to scrapbook the Pirate's of the Carribean ride. I didn't want to cut it up for a card because it's two-sided so I scanned it then printed it on cardstock. Then I put it through the printer for the digital image stamped around the edge. The X Marks the Spot is also from the Ahoy Matey set. Since this card is for a boy I didn't add any ribbons or bows. I can't wait to give this card to Troy tomorrow when I see him. Tomorrow is the day my whole family (23 of them) will be here for dinner. My son (the Marine) and his wife are here from Hawaii, one daughter from N. Carolina and another from Ohio, my other two daughters and their families live here in Michigan, but not close by. It will be a grand day. It's not easy to get everyone together in the same place at the same time. So I'm off to finish getting things ready.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

OMG! Jeri, this is FANTASTIC! WOW, you made quick use of your newly aquired digi set! LOL! I love it girlie, it's so cool and perfect for a guy card too! I love the idea of scanning in the paper....I'll save that little idea for some of my special papers I've been hoarding! THANKS for giving me heads up on your post and also for the sweet shout out too! HUGS!

Donna said...

Fabulous card Jeri, my son would love it. Thanks for joining in the OSCC. Donna x