Sunday, October 18, 2009

Allsorts monochrome/BBTB number challenges

This was a fun card to make because it is for my newest granddaughter for Christmas. She will be four months old by Christmas and won't know what's going on but it can go in her scrapbook. I followed the sketch from Allsorts and did the card in monochromatic blues. Now that I finished I decided I should have done a pink card, but the polar bear on the blue was too cute to pass up.
I tried something new on this polar bear--Fun Flock. Pretty cool stuff. It feels so soft and fuzzy now. My snowflakes came from Cricut's Don Juan cartridge and they're covered with Martha Stewart glitter. The word Christmas is from the Cricut Beyond Birthdays cartridge and it's also got glitter on it.
The number (1st) at the top of the card is a digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe
(www.thecuttingcafe.com). I will enter this card into the Bitten By The Bug blog's number challenge. My card is embellished with some clear rhinestones and the Let It Snow ribbon that I just got last week at a local scrapbook store. I'm really sad because the store is going out of business. I don't think they can compete in this economy with the big chain stores. I will miss the personalized service. The scallops on this card are from a Fiskars punch.

8 comments:

Victoria said...

this is so very cute, a lovely card to keep for her first Christmas

Victoria
Allsorts GDT
x

Regina Easter said...

this is pure gorgeous...hugs

brenda said...

Hi Jeri

Very nice card and agree the polar bear definately needs blues. Lovely for your granddaughters first Christmas.

Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful first christmas card!
the fun flock gives a fab dimension too,
thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Lisa said...

Hi, This is such a lovely card for your grandaughter's First Christmas. Such a sweet image and gorgeous colours.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Natalie said...

This is soooo cute! I love the flocked polar bear!

Jules said...

Oh what a super cute card. Just perfect for your Grand-daughter's first Christmas.

Love the colour choice and the detail behind the number 1 and of course I am a ribbon fan and adore your "let is snow" ribbon.

A real keepsake which will be kept always I am sure.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Gro said...

Great card, and beautiful colour
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts