
I made this little decorated paint can for my granddaughter, Payton's, Halloween present. Since she is only 3 years old I didn't want it to look too scary. The Bitten By The Bug challenge this week called for using the tag cut from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I turned the tag into a little black and orange house with a picket fence around it. Instead of making the usual white picket fence I made it black to be a little more Halloweenish. Is that a word? I cut the fence from the My Community cartridge. After I cut the tag on blackout, I placed it on top of the rust paper that I border punched with a Fiskars scallop and traced around the roof line. I cut two squares and a rectangle from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge for the windows and door. I added a couple bats on the roof that I cut from Paper Doll Dress-up. You can't see them very well in the picture, but on each side of the house there are black trees.

For the backside of the can I cut a couple more bats and added a couple gravestones. I outlined the picket fence and the gravestones with a white marker to make them a little easier to see. I took a piece of orange cardstock and cut it into 1/2" strips then folded them accordian style to put inside the can. Then I added lots of ribbons to the handle of the can. The trick or treat sentiment on the top of the can came from a stamp that my aunt had. Since it isn't mine I can't really say who it's made by. I added a little spider cut from the Paper Doll Dress-up cartridge because there was a little bare spot that needed a little something.

I will fill the can with Payton's favorite treat. Sour Gummy Worms. Why a 3 year old would like such sour things I'll never know. This looks like it took awhile to make but it was really a pretty quick project. I think it took me about an hour to put it all together. It took longer to cut all the little pieces of ribbon and tie them on than to do everything else on the can. I just love these little paint cans. I bought a dozen of them about a year ago from a place called Tallmouse. They sell craft supplies online. I think I paid somewhere around $30 for the dozen including shipping. I will also use this project for the Saturday Challenge of Halloween and Stamp, scrap and Doodle's anything but a card challenge.
13 comments:
This container looks good!! So fun you made a house out of the tag.
Eveline.
oh tis is perfect for her age!! very cute :0)
oh i love this! if i dress up as a 3 yr old, will i get one too????? LOL
jade likes sour too. must be a kid thing - ha, ha!
hugs,
you did an amazing job with this tag cute....love it
This looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along at SSDS this week! You should enter it at Scrap and Stamp too this week the challenge is halloween
Oh this is great! Thanks for joining in the challenge at SSDS. Happy Halloween! : )
Neat Paint Can! Wish I had thought of This!
Very pretty! I hope your little granddaughter enjoyed her Halloween. She certainly had the cutest pail to collect her treats in.
This is great! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!
I love this! It's just so perfect for a 3yo! However, she'll still love it next year when Mom unpacks the Halloween stuff! (If she lets Mom pack it in the first place!)
What a cute project! I bet your granddaughter loved it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment during the Caardvarks blog hop!
OMG, that is gorgeous! What a great job! Thanks for playing along with us at SSDS this week.
this is such a neat idea...and fun project!!!
I am hosting a giveaway every week on my blog so pop by and tell all your friends too....
Post a Comment