Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Project Tuesday Shaker Card/SASSC36


I'm really excited about how this card turned out. Two reasons--I've never made a shaker card and I hand drew my snowman image. My husband is starting to question whether I really need soooooo many digital stamps every time he see's a receipt. So to hush him for awhile I thought I'd give a little drawing a try. My pencils are rusty, but I thought a snowman would be pretty simple. After drawing with a pencil I outlined it with black marker, colored with Copics, then cut him out. I used the great sketch from The Fresh Batch Thursday Challenge.(http://sasthefreshbatch.blogspot.com/2009/10/stamps-and-smiles-sketch-challenge_15.html)

I have to admit I cheated a little with the shaker box though. I had some acetate for the window but I didn't have any dimensional foam to mount it on. But I did have this little window that I had saved from some clear stamps I bought with just a project like this in mind. I made my snow that is inside the shaker box by rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together to "grate" some off. Then I added some Martha Stewart crystal coarse glitter for a little extra sparkle. This wonderful tip for making faux flower soft came from Holly at Hog Wild About Stamping.
(http://hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com/). She's just a genius to figure out how to make this stuff and even color it. Thanks, Holly! I thought the little snowball fringe would be the perfect embellishment around my snowman window. The snowflakes came from Cricut's Don Juan cartridge. I added a small bow with a star in the center to finish this card off. This card will go to my 3 year old granddaughter Payton. I made her new baby sister a blue polar bear card a couple days ago (see post below). I didn't want Payton to be jealous of Paige's fuzzy (fun flock) card. I thought she would enjoy shaking the snow around on this card.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Absolutely fab shaker card Jeri, love all your ideas! Your hand drawn snowman looks just perfect.

Mandy

Jennifer Meyer said...

Adorable card and image Jeri! LOVE the fun shaker, you rocked the challenge.

Have a fun week, Jennifer :)

Mrs B said...

Oh, such a cute card! I love that you drew your own image! What a talent! Thanks for joining us this week at Project Tuesday!
CindyB

Rose said...

super cute!! and your snowman is awesome :0) thanks for the tip on making "snow"

Lisa said...

This is adorable! I love the diagonal window! So glad you could join us at Project Tuesday this week!

Lisa said...

p.s. and The Fresh Batch....so cool you combined the two! Nice work!!!

Carole Beath said...

What a cute shaker card. I love making these although sometimes the idea of one gets buried under all of the other ideas I get. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment on my BBTB card. If you want to be in the draw for the blog candy, be sure to check back on the deadline for winner name.
Carole