

Yesterday was new release day at Squigglefly (
www.squigglefly.com). That's where this adorable image came from. If you are a Squigglefly newsletter subscriber there is a coupon on this month's newsletter and it's good through tomorrow. They had an event at SNR last night where Holly, from Squigglefly, put out a challenge. It seems that Holly set out on a personal mission to make her own faux flower soft. By rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together you get a similar product. She has a video on her blog to show you how, even how to color it.
http://hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com/2009/10/make-your-own-flower-soft.html. Anyway, the challenge is to put some "Holly soft" on your card. So here is my card using the sketch from Sketch Saturday. This image is Sledding Sara. I made two copies of the digital image and used one for background, cut Sledding Sara out of the other and used foam dots to layer her over the background image. I used Copics to color. I added Fun Flock onto her boots and you can see my "Holly soft" on the hill she's sledding down. Oh, after I "grated" my styrofoam I added a tiny bit of glitter for a little extra sparkle.
1 comment:
oh jeri! we're so glad you joined us last night and this card is just gorgeous! now remember i do a color challenge every friday at squigglefly snr! would love to have you play with us too.
hugs,
Post a Comment