Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Calendar

I have to admit this is a bit of a departure from my norm in the color department. I usually design with more subdued colors. I guess it must be the gloomy winter weather that made me want to use bright and cheerful papers for this project. This is a 6" x 6" easel card with a white cardstock base. My designer papers are from DCWV The Whimsy Stack. My last post was a New Year's card made from the same paper. I thought it would be nice to give as a set for a little New Year's gift. Everyone needs a calendar, right! I will enter this in several challenges:

I gave these calendars to my hairdresser and my massage therapist. They were a big hit.

My bird on this calendar is cut from Cricut's Storybook cartridge. I cut him at 2 1/2" from the same blue print paper the calendar is sitting on. I shadowed it with a bright yellow. I embellished the bird with some pearls from Creative Cafe. I used a little lace and ribbon to dress her neck up a little. I doodled a few dots around the bird with a Sakura 3-D glaze pen. I attached it off the edge a little and used foam dots. For the inside of the card with the calendar I used the blue print paper and edged it with an orange cardstock punched with a Fiskars punch. I cut a flower and a little paisley design from the front design paper to place on each side of the calendar and popped them with foam dots. Now, don't you think this would make you feel cheery if it was sitting on your desk?

4 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Love it Jeri! The colors are so bright and cheerful and I love the little bird!
Happy New Year!
Mary

Jules said...

Hi Jeri

What a lovely calendar.

Your colours are fantastic and as you quite rightly say - definitely one to cheer you up when you need it!!

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts and have a great 2010.

Love Jules xx

Debs said...

Hi Jeri
Lovely calendar - great cheerful colours.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

scrappinlil said...

Very pretty...love it..TFS