Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cricut Cardz Challenge #4


I'll tell you, Mary is really doing a good job of mixing things up on the Cricut Cardz Challenge. I was excited when she sent out the challenge list for the DT and I saw a stair step card. I made one a long time ago but it has been years. To me a stair step card invokes thoughts of a scene. A little something for each step but all tied together with a main theme. I guess you could call my theme edible SWEETS. I used a background paper that looks like pieces of candy, a ribbon that looks like candy canes, a gingerbread house with candy scattered around it and a yummy gingerbread girl. (You can tell it's a girl because she has a glittery bow in her hair and sparkly gem buttons). My first "step" of this card is a piece of wide ribbon with red rick rack on top and bottom. This ribbon came from Walmart the day after Christmas last year and I put it away to use this year. I have to admit this gingerbread house was a little bit of a job and took longer than I would normally spend on a card. But in the end, I'm happy with the results. There are several cartridges that have gingerbread houses and gingerbread men. I used MY COMMUNITY. I cut the house from brown kraft paper at 4". I cut all the layered pieces out of white cardstock then used my Copics to color them in, adding MS fine glitter to the gumdrops and roof and course glitter to the pretzel twist. The shiny center of the green candy was done with a Sakura 3-D Glaze pen as well as the white around the edge of the ginger girl. I added a little red rick rack to her to dress her up. I used Stickles in Red Brick for her hair ribbon and red rhinestones for her buttons on the front of her. My Merry Christmas sentiment with the candy canes around it was something I downloaded from Paper Crafts magazine's online site (http://www.papercraftsmag.com/) . Please take the time to go up and look at my top post because it contains an important message on how we can all help our military troops have a little happier Christmas http://bugnme.blogspot.com/2009/12/bbtb-telephone-challenge.html.

5 comments:

shelly said...

hi jeri
such a cute scene/step card..this challenge was my first one.
and.. a big huge congrats on the bitten by the bug gig youre gonna love it :) hugs shelly

KimCreate said...

Hi Jeri, thanks for your kindness on becoming my first follower on my blog. I was touched.
Your stair step card is adorable!
I will go to the site for the military cards. You have acheived your goal with this music to make me think of our service men and women. I grew up in the AirForce. Thanks again.
Kim

Sharon Caudle said...

This stair step card is too cute, Jeri!! I love it! And I'm so excited to have you joining the BBTB team! Welcome and I'm excited to get to work with you! I think you're gonna love it!!! hugs!

Blue6366 said...

I love your card. That gingerbread mn is too cute.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card!

Sari