Sunday, December 6, 2009

My First BBTB Design Team Card


This is just the most exciting day ever for me. It's my debut on Bitten By The Bug. OMGosh!
I'm just over the moon with excitement at joining the Bitten By The Bug Design Team. I have admired Regina from the first moment I stumbled upon her digital stamp site The Cutting
Cafe (http://www.thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/). I have never seen such an amazing group of talent as you'll find in her Design Team. Now, to be a part of that team is so incredible I can hardly believe it. I am so very honored to be a part of the crew. The challenge for this week is to use the Ribbon Frame cut from the Joys of the Season cartridge.


I combined my frame cut with an ornament cut from the Christmas Cheer cartridge. My frame is cut at 4" and my ornament is cut at 2 1/4". I used kraft brown cardstock for my base card which is a 5 1/4" square. My print paper is from Paper Pizzazz with one edge trimmed with a Fiskars Scallop edge puncher. For my frame I cut two shadow cuts from cream cardstock so I could layer them. I inked the edges with ColorBox chalk ink in Maroon then used foam between the two layers. I cut the frame twice, once from red and once from green cardstock then pieced them together. My berries on the frame are Crimson Pearls from Queen and Co. My ornament has sparkly gold paper for the shadowed base and the ornament is cut from red cardstock. I used gold cord to hang the ribbon inside the frame and foam to pop it up. The photo below shows the layering effect.


I'm so happy that I could join this week's challenge and look forward to the future weeks of designing. I want to thank everyone on the Design Team for the wonderful welcome they have given me. Most especially, I want to thank Regina for giving me this amazing opportunity and I hope I can live up to her standards and her faith in me. This is really a dream come true for me.

6 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Oh Jeri, it is soooo exciting to see your very first post with our DT. Welcome. This take on Enfy's challenge is wonderful. I am so happy you are on our DT....
Hugs.
Carole

Regina Easter said...

Oh Jeri, I am so excited and thrilled to have ya joining the BBTB team....you rocked this challenge this week...hugs

Anonymous said...

oh jeri, what a cool card. I love all the dimension you have added to it.. wow!!!! and yes, regina and her cutting items and digi images ROCK!

-- dalis

PS. thanks for coming to visit my site.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Jeri - I LOVE the gorgeous layout and stunning 3D ornament! Hugs, Jennifer :)

KimCreate said...

Jeri, your card is beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog too! I wish you lots of creativity and you embark on your Design team term with BBTB.
KimCreate

Rose said...

Congrats !!! my mentor Shelly told me you made the team and this is the first chance i got to look for this post, but better late than never right :0) stunning card and i so want that cart!