
This little guy was super quick and easy. The hardest part was finding a cartridge with the right shape triangle. I finally settled on using the Christmas Cheer cartridge (page 91) Christmas tree. I used the shadow cut with the shift key pressed, cut at 5 1/4" in red cardstock. Then I used my Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge for the rest of his features. His face is a circle cut at 2", his nose is a circle cut at 1/2". I also used the circle cut for his beard (2 1/4" in white cardstock). You need to trim this circle a little to make it straight where it attaches to the face piece. One more circle from black cardstock cut at 1" for his shoes (then cut it in half). The "fur" trim is cut from white cardstock using the rectangle cut from Plantin' Schoolbook. The hat trim is the rectangle cut at 2 1/2" with the italic key on. For the trim at the bottom I again used the italic key and cut at 4 1/4". I found this was a little too wide for the bottom trim so I cut the rectangle in half.

Then it was time to assemble. I'm going to help you out so you can learn from my mistake. I wanted to use Fun Flock on the white "fur" trim pieces and beard. Before you flock, decide where you want your shoes to go and put the adhesive down first. I used foam dots, but
do not remove the covering from the side facing up. If you don't do this, you can't get your shoes to stick to the Fun Flock. I wanted my shoes to sparkle so I covered them with MS glitter in Onyx. You'll want to do this before you attach them to the bottom flocked piece. Otherwise, you'll end up with black glitter in the fur trim. Just so you know I didn't screw up on both of these steps. Just the first one, trying to get my shoes to stick on top of the Fun Flock. The first piece I attached to the red "body" was the face, then the beard. I used a flesh colored copic to go around the edge of the nose and popped it with foam. Then I added the "fur" trim pieces. To finish Santa off I added two black rhinestones for his eyes and a white pom pom at the tip of his hat. My three year old granddaughter, Payton, will be coming over on Sunday and I will make a couple of these with her, one for her and one for baby sister, Paige (3 mths.). Payton loves to craft with Nana. (Mostly, she just likes to play with all my embellishments). We're also going to make an ornament for her Mommy and Daddy. My daughter, Jill, (Aunt "Jilly" to Payton and Aunt and Godmother to Paige) will be coming for a visit from N. Carolina. I figure between the two of us we should be able to get the ornaments made even while tending to Paige. My daughter Heidi is dropping them both off while she goes to work. While I'm talking about Paige I would really appreciate any prayers you all could offer up for her. She was born a little premature after Heidi was in a car accident. It seems she has all kinds of health problems. Last week she had to have tests done on her kidneys and is going to have to have surgery to fix a problem there. While doing that test they found that her liver and spleen didn't look right so she will be going back to the hospital this Thursday for scans of the liver and spleen. She is just so tiny and helpless, weighing barely ten pounds now at three months old. It's hard to know she is in pain. We don't know yet when surgery will be.
1 comment:
Such a cleaver Father Christmas :-)
Sari
Post a Comment