Monday, August 30, 2010

BBTB2 From My Kitchen Apron

Hooray, it's Monday and that means a new challenge at BBTB2. It's also the last Monday of the month and that means it's time to blog hop. If you need to start at the beginning of the hop just click on the BBTB2 link. You should have arrived here from Beth's blog. This week's challenge was picked by our super talented design team member, Penny. She chose the apron cut on the From My Kitchen cartridge. On a recent crafting expedition with my aunt I found this fantastic Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess paper and knew it would be perfect for my design. I wanted a vintage look to my apron and thought this paper was just right. I needed to share a pie recipe with a friend so I decided to make a shaped card with the recipe card cut using my Gypsy. I welded two of the recipe cards together so I could fold it like a file folder and insert my recipe inside. The height on each card I welded together is 4.25". My apron is cut at 3".

This cute little sentiment stamp is a digital from The Cutting Cafe. The pie in the center is From My Kitchen cut at 1". The word pie is also From My Kitchen cut at 3/4". The circle and scalloped circle are cut from Mini Monograms, circle at 1 3/4" and scallop at 2".


This is the inside of the card where I inserted my recipe. It's for a Freezer Caramel Drizzle Pie. It is really yummy!!! Here is the link if you'd like to try it.


Each and every card or project I give away has a personalized stamp on it so friends and family will know that I designed it especially for them. My personalized stamp is a digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe. The winner of my blog hop prize can choose either the From My Kitchen set or the personalized stamp set and I will make arrangements for Regina (owner of The Cutting Cafe) to email it to you. To be entered into the drawing please make sure to leave a comment. I will let random.org pick my winner on Saturday. Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll send you on to our fearless leader Heather for the last stop on our blog hop.

41 comments:

Carole Beath said...

What a cute idea. I love the colors on your project....
Carole

Linda said...

Great idea very beautiful.

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

iko dot linda at yahoo dot com

Bobbi said...

Love the colors of your card and such a cute idea. TFS

Court said...

Love the paper, love the cuts, love the recipe!

courts crafts blog at gmail dot com

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri this is awesome. First, thank you for sharing the brand of paper; it looks great on this kitchen card. Second - fabulous design. And finally, I love that you too made a recipe card. Yours is much more practical in size than mine -- and much prettier!!!

xx Susan

Sandi said...

Jeri love your recipe card, sounds delicious. Hugs

RAP said...

What a sweet way to share recipe.

Connie said...

Love the apron...perfect colors for it!! I'll have to remember this idea for the next time I need to share a recipe!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Very cute~~~~~~Love the colors.....Krista

My Serendipity said...

Awesome! I love this idea..especially since I have a thing for recipe cards :) very cute!

Amanda said...

Wow, I love your recipe card!! The colors you used rock.. Thanks for the chance to win such an awesome prize..

Amanda:0)

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute!!! Thanks for the chance to win
reissfam10@aol.com

connie said...

Love the recipe card. and thanks for a chance to win.

dianne said...

Love this (recipe)card the most!!! Great design, clean lines, and beautiful paper.
I love the personalized stamp. Thanks for the chance ti win it :).

littlen said...

Very clever idea. TFS.

Carolyn said...

Jeri, This is a very cute card and idea for recipe sharing. tfs

Rebekah said...

Beautiful job! Love the colors!

calbekah at aol dot com

nanapuddin said...

Very cute!! Thanks for the chance to win such awesome stamps!! Love your blog! I'm a follower!

Lacey said...

Thanks for the candy giveaway! You guys are awesome!

GrannyCharlotte said...

What a great project. The apron is so neat. It has been fun seeing how each person has used it in a different way. The recipe looks like it would be good. Thanks for sharing:)

Ldybg93 said...

Love the color combo and vintage feel to this project ~ very nice!

GiGi said...

I love the vintage look to this card. And the recipe inside is sooo clever. Wouldn't it be awesome to hand out all recipes in this fashion! Well I do! LOL! TFS!
booger1 at tds.net

spelsue said...

great recipe card.
spelsue1@maine.rr.com

Kendra-Sue and Jamie said...

This is stunning. When I first bought this cart, I was picturing doing something like this (not nearly as gorgeous) but I've never really made it work. Now I have new inspiration. Thank you for helping me.

DonnaMundinger said...

So cute Jeri and the paper is just perfect! Looks like a YUMMY recipe, too. I'm all about caramel! xxD

Debra said...

Love the recipe card. Very nice way to give a recipe away.

Susan said...

Freezer Caramel Drizzle Pie ~ oh, does that sound good!! Fabulous card ~ very clever to use to share your recipe!
SusanJ

grambojoan said...

i love the colors you used very nice card

ScrappyScavenger said...

I have a thing for aprons! This whole project is beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a cute way to send a special recipe to someone or to have a box full of these for myself would be great also!!!

sucor said...

Awesome card! Beautiful colors and papers! Great idea for sharing recipes!

VeronicaA said...

This is a very cool way to share recipes. Are those stickers across the bottom on the front? I love your colors. Your project reminds me of home. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

Marionment said...

The colors on your card are just beautiful. I love the way you shared the recipe.
marionment@msn.com

Jennifer said...

Jeri,

What a thoughtful, cute way to share a recipe!!! :) I love the paper you chose and the details are amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Crystal said...

How creative and thoughtful. I would love to get a recipe like this! Great job! I love Cutting Cafe and would love to have a personalized stamp by Regina, super sweet lady!

Anonymous said...

I love your recipe card...now if only I could cook!
Thanks for the goodies!
Candy

candace underscore wichmann at merck dot com

Craftyhomemade said...

Cute,cute and lovely apron.

A Little Time said...

Oooo...I like how it opens and has a recipe inside. I love that paper, too. I'm glad you mentioned what it was. G45...now I'm going to have to get some. :) This is just beautiful!!

**Treefrog** said...

What a great card Jeri and a great way to share a recipe, I'll have to remember that. I just loved using this apron, I will be using it again. Love the Graphic 45 paper also, I love that stuff, Great colors,very vintage!
Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

GabyCreates.com said...

Nice card and thanks for sharing all this work!!! I too like your paper choice!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so nice! Love the great colors!