Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just a quick post

I just thought I would schedule a quick post to go as hubby and I are on the road traveling back to our summer residence in Michigan.  We have a camper that we stay in for the summer on the shores of Lake Huron in East Tawas, Michigan.  It's a total tourist kind of town.  Really tiny, except for in the summer when hoards of people show up to enjoy the boating, beautiful sandy beaches and festivals.  We love the small town flavor and getting on our bikes or walking everywhere we want to go. 

Before we arrive back at our camper we will be having a fabulous time visiting with our family that we haven't seen in months.  It is a special time for us.  Especially, when our son comes home on leave.  He's a Marine and we only get to see him and his family once a year.  While they are in Michigan they celebrate their little one's birthday.  He will be two years old and we've only had the chance to see him three times in those two years.  While we are traveling and visiting with family I will be away from my blog so we can make the most of the short time we have together.  I have scheduled all my posts for the time I'll be away.  I look forward to getting back online after we arrive at our camper and settle in.  In the mean time........



Today I'm sharing a card I made right before we left Florida.  It totally wraps up my thoughts on how our summer will be (I hope).  I had a last girl's day out with my crafting buddy, Jennifer, and it wouldn't have been complete without a stop at our local scrapbook store.  I'm going to miss both Jennifer and Violette's Scrapbook store, but I know they'll be there when I return in October.  I picked up this bicycle die and it's made by Impression Obsession (I think).  After diecutting it from black cardstock I punched two circles from a scrap of My Mind's Eye newspaper printed paper and added them behind the tires.  On that same shopping trip I found the tiny bird dies and the Bird on Wires embossing folder.  I would tell you who they are made by, but I've already packed my scrapping supplies for the trip and I can't remember.  The sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps More Encouraging Thoughts stamp set.

5 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

Love the idea of putting the paper behind the bike wheels and the idea of this card is just what I would love for my own summer. I am hoping to get in a lot of biking this summer with my daughter.

Enjoy the time with your son and grandbaby. My own boy is leaving for bootcamp (army) in two weeks. I am so going to miss my young man.

Bobby said...

Welcome back to Michigan.

Stef H said...

i love this card! i sooooooooooo have my eyes on that bike die!

enjoy your trip.

hugs :)

Regina Easter said...

awe this is so cute...............be safe.....hugs

Brenda said...

OMGosh I am loving this card Jeri!!! The bike is awesome and I am so loving that embossing!!! The paper behind the tired of the bike is so striking and I just love those cute little blue birds!! I love the clean lines of this card and love how simple but striking it is! Yes, life is good isn't it?!! I hope you are having safe travels my friend and I hope you enjoy family and the summer! Hugs!!