I love making small 3x3 cards, so I was so excited to see the challenge going on over at My Creative Time. The challenge is to make a set of four 3x3 cards. Right up my alley! I was in need of some thank you cards. We are down to our last few days in our winter home down in Florida. If you know anything about Florida you know there are lots of alligators here and that's what I went with for my critter. The alligators here have been known to take a dip on occasion into our people pool. If you live here you must always check the water in the pool before diving in. My proof is in the picture below at the end of my post.
I used white cardstock for my base cards. On top of that I added a kraft cardstock scalloped square that I embossed with my Sizzix Dots folder. I used Create A Critter for my alligator. He's cut at 1.25" and I placed him on a small piece of water, also cut from Create A Critter. For my sentiment and label I used My Creative Times Chunky Jar Accessories stamp set and die. Fun, quick and easy to put together.


10 comments:
Really cute cards!!!!
Yikes! I'll just let him swim all by his lonesome. :0) LOL No chance in me hoppin' in!! Your 3x3 cards so cute!! I love them! Those are the kind of alligators that I like...paper. ;0)
HOLY COW!!!! We have scorpions, snakes and coyotes, but an alligator...YIKES!!! Your cards are so cute. Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)
Super cute cards.....the gator in the pool? not so much! LOL! Thanks for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime!
Nikki
OMG!! I swear I just got the shivers all over looking at that photo! I don't think I would ever stick my toe in the water again knowing one of those things could be in there!! He's HUGE!!! Love your cards (hee hee the alligator is way sweeter on the card than in the water!!!) Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Time! Hugs, Leanne
Adorable cards, love that alligator on your cards not the one in the pool :) it's kinda scary for this southern Cali girl I'm not quite sure how I would react :)
Thanks for sharing I'm saving the page to show my 8 yr old he'll love it!
Shelly
These cards are awesome! I love them. The embossing is AWESOME too! Oh and I hope to never see that kind of a surprise when I go swimming ;). Thanks for joining my Designer challenge at My Creative Time! Hugs- Glora
These thank you card are adorable Jeri! Now I don't think the real gator is adorable getting into the swimming pool!!! You'd think they wouldn't like the chemicals in a pool, but looks like they like the pool as much as we do. lol So make sure you check the pool out before getting in Jeri!! Hugs!
The gator in the pool "WOW" GREAT looking cards,AWESOME job with them!!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at My Creative Time!!!:)
Holy Cow, that's some inspiration. Your cards are absolutely darling, the guest in your pool - not so much.
Post a Comment