Friday, July 18, 2014

My Creative Time Challeng


Wow, it sure is nice to have my move to Florida behind me and feel semi-settled in. Just enough, anyway, to have my craft supplies unpacked and put away. I'd still like to get them organized a little better, but that will have to wait until we get a little construction project done so I have a bit larger craft area and more storage. I decided to get a few items out to create a card for the challenge at My Creative Time. It's a photo inspiration and color challenge using this photo---

The last couple months have been quite hectic after traveling north, selling our summer place, packing, moving and traveling back to Florida I found that my mojo has taken a vacation. I really had a struggle to meet this challenge. I always find color challenges to be just that, a challenge. It seems like it should make things easier, but not for me. Anyway, I did get to use some of my more recent purchases from My Creative Time to put this card together. I still haven't had a chance to use some of my new items yet from my last order and I see that Emma has another release coming out next week. You can see a list of the products I used at the end of this post.

I started out with a base card made from kraft cardstock and added a navy blue mat then a white mat. On top of the white mat I added two layers of waves in navy and light blue, an orange port hole, a sailboat and a few stamped waves. Last but not least I stamped my sentiment at the top. I'm disappointed that this is my best effort, but I know I'll get back in the swing of things soon. Thanks for stopping by.

My creative supply list:

  • MCT Lost at Sea dies and stamp set (porthole die, boat and wave stamps)
  • MCT Make a Splash die (waves)
  • MCT Surf's Up die and stamp set (sentiment)

5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous job with the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us ta MCT!! Lee-Ann :)

Cassandra said...

So glad you're getting unpacked and organized! Your card looks great! Can't wait to see what you make next. Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME looking card, SUPER job with the challenge!!! Thanks for joining us in the MCT / Designer Challenge!!!! :)

My Creative Time said...

YOur card is FABULOUS my friend!!! Thank you for playing along!
HUGS,
Emma :)

jessica said...

Love your card!!! And you know what~ Beach life is the best!!!
AWESOME job!
Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us over at My Creative Time for our Designer's Challenge!