My first weekend back in Michigan from Florida I needed a birthday card for my neighbor. As soon as I unpacked my craft supplies I got busy making my first box card. I had a lot of fun making it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I watched a video that Mary had on her Cardz TV blog here. All of my patterned papers are from a KI Memories paper stack from good old Walmart. That happens to be the only store available in the little town where we had our camper. This paper stack had some perfect papers with pre-printed images including the candles and presents. I cut the balloons with the Stitched Party Dies from My Creative Time. I also used the Fun Stitched Edges dies and the Stitched Fun Ticket die. My sentiment is from the My Creative Time stamp set called Fun Gift Pocket Sentiments. Let me just say, this card made a huge impression on my friend. She loved it and I've never seen anyone that I've given a handmade card to so lovingly touch every little thing on it. She must have spent a good ten minutes opening, shutting and opening it again. It's so nice to have your effort rewarded like that.
Monday, July 7, 2014
My First Box Card
My first weekend back in Michigan from Florida I needed a birthday card for my neighbor. As soon as I unpacked my craft supplies I got busy making my first box card. I had a lot of fun making it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I watched a video that Mary had on her Cardz TV blog here. All of my patterned papers are from a KI Memories paper stack from good old Walmart. That happens to be the only store available in the little town where we had our camper. This paper stack had some perfect papers with pre-printed images including the candles and presents. I cut the balloons with the Stitched Party Dies from My Creative Time. I also used the Fun Stitched Edges dies and the Stitched Fun Ticket die. My sentiment is from the My Creative Time stamp set called Fun Gift Pocket Sentiments. Let me just say, this card made a huge impression on my friend. She loved it and I've never seen anyone that I've given a handmade card to so lovingly touch every little thing on it. She must have spent a good ten minutes opening, shutting and opening it again. It's so nice to have your effort rewarded like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Loving the birthday celebration in a box! So festive!
Oh my gosh!! I am so loving your box card Jeri!!! These are my most favorite kind of cards to make. The very first one I made was for a sweet lady at work and I got a similar reaction from her!
I totally love the papers you used, the gifts and balloons are great. Love the candles. And the sentiment is just perfect!! :)
Wonderful box card! Love all the festive elements you added. Yes, it feels so good when you get such heartfelt appreciation for your creation, doesn't it?! Great job on your first one!
this is absolutely fantastic! i got one of these exploding box cards from a friend of mine for my birthday and i keep it out on my shelf. i, too, keep playing with it - LOL.
hugs :)
Wow Jeri, this was your first box card?!!! It is beautifully done!! I love how you cut out the presents and such, and you have filled the box so nicely. I can see why your friend had to lovingly touch it all over-because it is amazing my friend!!! Hugs, Brenda
Post a Comment