Monday, July 28, 2014
My Creative Time Color Challenge
Today I'm sharing a SMASH book page I made for the current challenge at My Creative Time. It's a photo inspiration/color challenge and I just happened to take the perfect picture for the colors the day the challenge was posted. That day (Thursday 7-24) hubby and I were playing tourist. With our recent move to Florida, there are plenty of new places to go and investigate. This was a combo shopping/touring road trip. We decided to head to the Tampa IKEA store on a mission to find a bed frame. We were specifically looking at the MALM with drawers for storage underneath it. As I've said before, we are now living in a tiny 500 sq. ft. cottage. Storage space is at a premium and we are always looking for ways to improve on what we have. We loved the bed, but sadly weren't able to purchase it that day for two reasons. One, we didn't measure the width of the room and two, we didn't think we could fit it in our vehicle. We left IKEA with a plan, but needed to visually look at the space we are dealing with. I'll fill you in on how we're going to accomplish fitting it in our space in a future post.
Anyway, after our stroll through IKEA, we decided to head to the neighboring community in search of a restaurant for lunch. Even though this IKEA is listed in Tampa it's really in the community of Ybor City. Ybor City has quite a history and is known to be the Latin Quarter for over a century. Famous for Cuban cigars, Cuban coffee, cuisine, music and fun nightlife. We had never been there before and on first look it reminded me a little of New Orleans architecture. Two story brick buildings with wrought iron railings. Sorry, I'm digressing again. We ended up going into the Green Iguana. We had a wonderful lunch with the tastiest rice I've ever feasted on. It was made with coconut milk and had a sweet taste to it. The perfect accompaniment to my grilled salmon. I took the picture I've scrapped today inside the restaurant. That iguana statue was huge and hovered just over our table.
I used several My Creative Time products to create my layout. I started by cutting the 4 x 4 Stitched Square Journal die from orange cardstock. as a mat behind my light gray cardstock that I journaled on. I placed this mat on the page to mimic the way the restaurant sign is placed in the photo. Next I cut the letters from the Lower Case Fun Dies and spelled out Ybor City around the top sides of the diamond shape. Inside the journaling square I used stamps from Type Calendar for the date, Never Be Lost, and You Are Here. My geotag is also from Never Be Lost, the arrow is from the 4 x 4 Journal Die set and I used the Stitched Camera Die. I stamped Fun on the arrow. It's from the Things I Love stamp set and so is the cute little happy face on the camera. I was so excited to find that I had a Distress Marker in Tumbled Green for journaling and it matched the Ranger Archival Leaf Green Ink that I stamped with. Rarely do you find a picture that matches a color challenge so well, but I think this one really came together with the photo inspiration colors. Hope you'll stop by again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Love your story! And the page is perfect for the colors!! Great job! And thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)
Super cute Smash page!!! Thanks for playing along with us at MCT!!
Awesome smash page Jeri! Love the picture and LO of your fun day!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at My Creative Time~Designers Challenge!
What a fun smash layout Jeri! I love how you did the journaling and I love the picture. Sounds like a fun little town and very historic. I love learning about towns and such, always fun to learn a little history! I hope you get the bed to work out for you guys. Hugs, Brenda
Great smash page! Thanks for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime!
LOVE it. What a great way to document you memories. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
GREAT job with your smash page, looks AWESOME!!!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time / Designer Challenge!!! :)
Jeri ~ Well first of all GREAT smash page!! LOVE everything about it! I can't even imagine snapping a picture so PERFECT for this color challenge ~ WOW!!! your story is so AWESOME too! I am in AWE of your space and I hope the bed works out for you! Thanks for sharing the story and joining us over at My Creative Time!
Post a Comment