WOW-can you believe Christmas is only a a couple weeks away? It's such a busy time of year. It's been especially hectic for me as we just returned from seeing our son before he deploys and attending our daughter's wedding on December 6th in Pinehurst, NC. The last of our five kids to get married. Anyway, I have another home decor project to share today. I made this little Christmas countdown chalkboard for my grandson. I was so upset with myself because I left it at home. I had wanted to give it to him when we visited. Now I have to stick it into the mail and hope it arrives in one piece. I found this chalkboard in the dollar bin at Target before Thanksgiving and decided to make it into a Christmas countdown. I attached some washi tape to the top and bottom edges then stamped all kinds of sentiments from a couple different Cardz TV stamp sets. I used Very Merry and Home for Christmas. For my little gingerbread scene I used some Lawn Fawn dies and stamps. I also used the Cardz TV stamp set Sugar Rush to stamp Sweet Treats on the gingerbread house. For the words on the chalkboard I used letter dies from My Creative Time. As each day passes the number can be erased and a new number written in with chalk. I think my grandson will enjoy this, and it will give him something to look forward to while his daddy is deployed. I'm going to make another countdown in a military theme for him to keep track of the days until daddy returns from his deployment. Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for your sweet comments you leave.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Cardz TV Stamps Gallery Christmas Countdown
WOW-can you believe Christmas is only a a couple weeks away? It's such a busy time of year. It's been especially hectic for me as we just returned from seeing our son before he deploys and attending our daughter's wedding on December 6th in Pinehurst, NC. The last of our five kids to get married. Anyway, I have another home decor project to share today. I made this little Christmas countdown chalkboard for my grandson. I was so upset with myself because I left it at home. I had wanted to give it to him when we visited. Now I have to stick it into the mail and hope it arrives in one piece. I found this chalkboard in the dollar bin at Target before Thanksgiving and decided to make it into a Christmas countdown. I attached some washi tape to the top and bottom edges then stamped all kinds of sentiments from a couple different Cardz TV stamp sets. I used Very Merry and Home for Christmas. For my little gingerbread scene I used some Lawn Fawn dies and stamps. I also used the Cardz TV stamp set Sugar Rush to stamp Sweet Treats on the gingerbread house. For the words on the chalkboard I used letter dies from My Creative Time. As each day passes the number can be erased and a new number written in with chalk. I think my grandson will enjoy this, and it will give him something to look forward to while his daddy is deployed. I'm going to make another countdown in a military theme for him to keep track of the days until daddy returns from his deployment. Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for your sweet comments you leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is fabulous Jeri!!! Your grandson is going to love it!! I so love the gingerbread scene across the bottom. :)
This is a super cute idea Jeri! I love that you got that chalkboard at the $ Spot at Target. And I know your grandson will just love this and I really love that you are going to make a military one for him to count down the days until his daddy comes home, that is just awesome my friend. Loving those LF stamps too. lol No more enabling you!!! lol Hugs, Brenda
Post a Comment