Saturday, December 6, 2014
The Cutting Cafe Christmas Shaker Card
I love making shaker cards, so when Regina came out with this set at The Cutting Cafe and assigned them to the Design Team for this week I was so excited. The Christmas Shaped Shaker Card Template and Cutting File set comes with 8 shapes: Snowman, Stocking, Present, Christmas Tree, Snow globe, Mitten, Christmas bulb and Bell. I decided to go with the snow globe for my project this week that I hand cut after printing the PDF file. I used an older paper stack from SEI that had this pre-printed deer family. I fussy cut the fawn and popped it up for a little dimension. For the shaker elements I used clear seed beads, clear Diamond Dust glitter and clear sequins. Here's a little tip, if you have problems with your sequins, beads, glitter, etc. sticking to your clear acetate, just rub a dryer sheet over the acetate before assembling your card. I added a sentiment on vellum heat embossed with WOW white embossing powder. I know you'll want to head to the Cutting Cafe Blog to see the rest of the DT projects. They'll amaze you for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a beautiful snow globe shaker card Jeri! I love that deer family and love that you popped up the fawn.Just so pretty! Hugs, Brenda
Whaaaat the cuteness ALL around! So adorable the way you have the white deer in there. This snow globe is stunning!
hugs,
Lisa x
hey lady, how are you? I know your out traveling and was still able to do such a fantastic card..love it my friend..hugs
There is so much I love about this card! I love the deer family and that you made the baby stand out. The vellum and the sentiment. And your tip is genius!
Love the card!! So pretty---perfect! This would look perfect on a side table or on a mantle!
Awww this is just beautiful !!
Post a Comment