Friday, December 19, 2014

The Cutting Cafe Gift Box and Bow


Christmas is just a few days away. Just in case you're looking for a beautiful way to present a gift this Christmas, The Cutting Cafe has just what you need. Today I'm showcasing the fabulous Round Box Template and the Gift Bow Template. Both are easy to put together and take no time at all. Add a pretty handmade gift tag and the box will be as wonderful as the gift. I discovered when putting the bow together that thinner papers work better than thick. For the box, a thicker paper works best. Both my bow paper and my box paper are from Michael's Recollection papers. Make sure you head over to The Cutting Cafe Blog on Sunday, December 21 to see the rest of the amazing projects from the Design Team.

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed and safe holiday. I'd like to ask for special prayers for all our service men and woman who will be spending this holiday away from their families serving this country to preserve all the freedoms we enjoy. My son was deployed just a couple weeks ago and so I know first hand how difficult the holidays can be for both the deployed and those family members left behind, especially the children. Keep them in your prayers.

7 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Jeri, these are incredible together!!! Absolutely love your handmade box and bow. The tag had me zooming in too. Let me know if your son needs care packages. Would be happy to send one. Thinking of you!
Hugs,
Lisa

Angeline Choo said...

Awwwww, the bow on top of the round box is just beautiful!
Prayers for your son.. *hugs*
Wishing you a Merry Blessed Christmas!

Leslie said...

Beautiful bow!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

How super cute:) Love the red and white:) Krista

Tina Goodwin said...

Your package, bow and tag are amazing! Our soldiers are always in my thoughts and prayers =) Merry Christmas!

bumblebee creations said...

I love the papers you used.....what a cute package and bow!!! I need to try one of the circle boxes.....they look so pretty!

Brenda said...

I love your box and bow Jeri, it is just as much the gift as the gift inside! I was drooling over Regina's bows when she was making them and now that I have an Explore, I can't wait to try some of her files out! But first I have to learn how to use the dang machine. lol I haven't even un-boxed it yet and it will be a while longer before I do. My prayers are with you and your son's family Jeri, I know first hand what it is like to have a son deployed over the holidays. You definitely feel like a part of you is missing and it is. And I'm sure your DIL is having a hard time too, especially since your son left before the holidays, it's a hard thing. I pray that his deployment won't be a long one!! My son's one deployment was extended and he was gone for 15 months. It was heart wrenching for us knowing that his family needed him. They were in NY and we were here in PA. But we went up to DIL a few times to help her out when ever we could. Hang in there Jeri! Hugs, Brenda