Monday, May 25, 2015

wPlus9 Get Sketchy Challenge


It seems I never have enough birthday cards, so today I decided to play along with a challenge while creating a card. I found a great sketch challenge at wPlus9. Here is the sketch-


And here is my card-


I used my favorite wPlus9 stamp and die set Unforgettable. I love, love, love this darling little elephant. I use it a lot to make cards for my great granddaughter. Her name is Ella, which always makes me think elephant for some reason. I sat contemplating how I was going to make the tag shape to sit the circle on. Then I realized I had a window die in my collection that was the perfect shape. I simply put it on my paper and traced around it for the shape, then hand cut it. I mounted the darling elephant on a circle and tied a balloon to it's tail. A sentiment and a few enamel dots to finish it off.

2 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

So Adorable! Really love the party theme background <3.

Brenda said...

This is a cute, cute card Jeri! I love the sketch and your take on it. I am in love with this stamp set too, I haven't bought it yet, but plan to sometime, I hope. lol I love the papers you used on this one too, it really is a bright and cheery card for your granddaughter! Hugs, Brenda