Monday, October 17, 2016

The Cutting Cafe Breast Cancer Awareness


Another October, another anniversary as a cancer survivor!!! This week at The Cutting Cafe the Designers are featuring cards for Breast Cancer Awareness month. In a few weeks from now I will mark the 8th year as a cancer survivor. In August of 2008 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and on November 12, 2008 I had a bilateral mastectomy. I've told my story before on my blog, but there may be someone reading this that doesn't know. I like to think it was Divine Intervention that led me to have my very FIRST mammogram. After returning from a three week trip to Hawaii where one of our daughter's got married we had a big pile of mail to sort through. There was a letter from our health insurance company that offered a $20 gift card after having a mammogram. Well, I couldn't turn down free money for one of my favorite stores. If I hadn't opened that letter, I might not be here to write this today. I hope my story of early detection encourages someone to go have a mammogram. It could save a life. 

For my card today I used The Cutting Cafe Think Pink printable stamp set and the You've Gotta Have Hope printable stamp set. Isn't that owl from the Think Pink set so cute? I simply printed her out and fussy cut her then added her to my scalloped oval shaped card. The sentiment came from You've Gotta Have Hope. If you have a family member or friend that is going through breast cancer I hope you'll make a quick card to send to them. It would have meant the world to me to have received a card when I was going through my journey. It was a long and difficult road. Make sure you head to The Cutting Cafe Blog on October 21st to see the rest of the Design Team projects. Thanks for visiting today and remember to have a yearly mammogram. 

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is precious Jeri, but not as precious as knowing your a survivor....hugs

Migdalia said...

Beautifully done!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M