Friday, December 16, 2016

Cardz TV Sketch Challenge Christmas Theme


Happy Holidays my Crafty Friends. Welcome to the last Cardz TV Sketch Challenge for the year 2016. WOW, where did the time go? Only a few more days until the big celebration when all the little girls and boys find what Santa left them under the tree. Christmas is pretty anti-climatic around here. We are far from all our family and we don't even put up a tree anymore. It was a lot more fun when there were little children at home. Today's theme is a Christmas card using Sketch #10, #11, or #12. I used Sketch #11. One of my all time favorite paper stacks from Recollections was from a couple years ago, called Sugar Plum. Mine is mostly used up, but I was able to salvage a few scraps to make this card. I thought it was perfect because of the little gingerbread men on it. I had to altar my sketch a little because of the pattern on the paper and moved my triangles to opposite sides from the sketch. I used the Cardz TV stamp set called Gingerbread Christmas. I stamped my gingerbread man using Ranger Archival Ink in Tree Branch. To balance out the front of the card I used some enamel dots in the empty corners. On the inside of the card I used a sentiment from the same stamp set and added a few pieces of peppermint candy in the lower corners to mimic the enamel dots on the front.


I'm so glad you stopped by today and as I sign off for the year I wish you the Happiest of Holidays. See you in 2017 with some new sketch challenges.

No comments: