Friday, December 2, 2016

Cardz TV Sketch Challenge Winter



Hello Crafty Friends! At this busy time of year I hope you can find some time to play along with the new Sketch Challenge over on the Cardz TV blog. This week the theme for the Design Team is a winter card using Sketch #7 or #8. I'm using Sketch #8 and one of Mary's newest stamp sets Winter Cheer. Love the little snowman image and knew she had to go on my card. I say she because I gave her pink earmuffs. As soon as I saw this snowman I thought about using pompoms for some earmuffs. I love how they turned out. I cut the headband of the muffs from pink felt using a circle die. I cut the circle and then ran it through my diecutting machine a second time so the circle die would cut off a thin slice. I have no idea what I bought these little pink pompoms for originally. I think I, maybe, just bought them because they were a package of 90 clearanced to 35 cents. Who could pass up a bargain like that? My patterned papers are from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 paper stack called Snow Day. (It's an older stack and I don't think they make it anymore). You can see the sketch below and you can find all of Mary's sketches on the Cardz TV blog under the Mary's Card Sketches tab. I altered the sketch just a tad by cutting my border strip a bit wider and adding a strip of cute snowflake washi tape. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: