Friday, February 24, 2017

Cardz TV Sketch Challenge Thank You Card


It's time for a new Sketch Challenge at Cardz TV. This week the Design Team is making cards with a Thank You theme using any of Mary's Card Sketches. I decided to use Sketch #4. Most of the time when I choose the sketch I have a design in mind already and choose a sketch that will fit with my idea. But sometimes, I have no clue where I want to go and that's when these sketches really come in handy. If you haven't downloaded all of Mary's *FREE* sketches I highly recommend them. For this card I knew I wanted to use the thanks die so I wanted a background that it would fit on, hence the sketch with the oval. I used a patterned paper scrap I found in my scrap bin for the background mat. Next I cut a pretty floral die cut to fit in the oval. I really wanted my thanks to pop from the card so I decided to use black cardstock. To finish the card off I used a sentiment from Cardz TV Stamps "Heartfelt Wishes" stamp set. Yes, I've been cutting my stamps apart again. This sentiment comes stacked in two lines, but I wanted it to stretch across my banner. I simply cut it apart and put it end to end. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder to make it really stand out on the black paper. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll play along in the Sketch Challenge at Cardz TV.


2 comments:

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card!! Love the pretty paper you used!!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So pretty Jeri! I love that your background paper came from your scrap bin but looks like you bought it just with this card in mind with the leaves die cut!
Hugs,
Georgia