Holy cow, can you believe it's only two weeks until Christmas? Where, oh where, has this year gone? All the presents are bought, wrapped and in the mail. Sadly we won't be with our family this year because they are all in other states than we are. Lest you think, I worked my fingers to the bone shopping for five kids and nine grandkids, I'll tell you they all got gift cards. Well, not all. I insist on buying gifts for the three youngest (1 1/2, 3 and 6 yrs. old). They want to see the box under the tree and unwrap it. All the others in the family are teens and adults. Believe me, the teens just want cash. I know it's a huge disappointment to get a gift card. I still feel like I should have some control. LOL
Not long ago I was in Target checking all the end caps for clearanced items (big bargain hunter that I am) and found a bunch of red bags with blue handles. Immediately I knew I could use them for Christmas with my two Christmas paper pads (s-e-i and My Mind's Eye) which both have lots of blue and red in them. The exciting part was the bags were clearanced to 17 cents. I bought a stack of them to alter and this is one of them. For our Cardz TV Stamps assignment this week Mary has the theme I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas and we had to use snow, snowflakes or a snowman. I combined all three elements on the giftbag. I used my Cricut Imagine and the Mr. Frosty paper printing cartridge along with the Winter Frolic cartridge. I started with a background stripe from My Mind's Eye sized to fit the bag with a small bit of red border showing around the edges. Then I cut a scalloped oval at 7"--the shadow in white and the top with one of the patterned papers from the Mr. Frosty cartridge that has ribbons of blue and white with snowflakes on it. Next I cut the trees at 3.5" and the snowman and his layers at 4". I added a few black buttons on the front as well as a small pompom for the top of his hat. Last but not least I added the little mouse with the gift to my scene. He's cut at 2". Every giftbag needs a tag so I used the tag feature on the Winter Frolic cartridge to make a matching mouse tag. I used the Cardz TV Stamps Christmas Joy stamp set to add the To and From that are stamped on it and tied it on with a big red gingham bow.
10 comments:
So cute. Love the gift bag.
This is fantastic Jeri! Just fantastic!! Love the 17 cent bag and how you decked it out. The snowman, the trees and the wonderful snow scene with the adorable mouse!! :)
Jeri this is just fantastic!!! I love this so much, you really did a great job on this bag and tag!! Just love that little mouse with his present!!!
Hugs,
Jo
Oh wow Jeri, this gift bag is just to stinkin' cute! I love your background paper and that paper from Frosty that looks like the snow is blowing around-perfect choice! Love your little scene on your bag too, how cute and perfect my friend and your tag is adorable!! I need to find me some cute bags like this for cheap like you did. lol I always look at Target but I guess I don't hit the right times. Well to be truthful I don't shop all that much. Gift cards and cash work well for loved ones who live in other states!! Hugs my friend and Merry Christmas!!
Super sweet gift bag!! Lee-Ann :)
What an adorable gift bag!! Love it! Great job!
What a cute gift bag! I love to do that kind of stuff I just always needs more time!
www.mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cardztv DT Sister
This is a really cute bag! I love the tag and the paper's you've used. Frosty looks great!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(DT Sister)
Darling gift bag!! XOXO, Julie. :0)
I LOVE how you re-purposed these gift bags - they are so cute :)
michelle (DT Sister)
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com
Post a Comment