Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Front Door Shaped Card

This is my favorite Christmas card I made this year from The Cutting Cafe Front Door Shaped Card set.  This is the featured set the Design Team is using this week at The Cutting Cafe Blog.  This set features a shaped card that fits in a business size envelope, 22 sentiments and lots of assorted accessories for the door from wreaths to bows.  I modeled my door after the door of our house that we sold last year.  It was this same dark rich red color with a brass kickplate at the bottom.  I decked my door out for the Christmas holiday with a wreath and topiary cut from a dark green polka dot paper from my current favorite 6x6 paper pad from Recollections called Holly Day Wishes.  I used kraft cardstock for the bows and kickplate.  I inked around all the edges of my pieces with Colorbox Charcoal Chalk Ink.  This card will go to my BFF back in Michigan.  I wanted to make a special card for her so she would know how important she is to me.  even though we are many miles apart for the holidays.  I think this card fits the bill perfectly.  The circular sentiment around the wreath says Happy Holidays From Our Home to Yours.  I hope you'll find the time to visit The Cutting Cafe blog on Wednesday to see the rest of the Design Team's projects.

4 comments:

girlia said...

pretty. The door just looks so festive.

Regina Easter said...

oh man this is totally adorable...i love love love it

Lezlye said...

Love this, will miss this team!

Brenda said...

Cute, cute card Jeri! I love how you did your door and love the cute little potted plant in front of your door. lol How do you work the files from there?? Are they like the digi's and you just print it out and cut it out by hand?? I'd love to do some of these but not sure how they work.