Friday, April 19, 2013

CARDZ TV Challenge #28
"Cute as a Button"
Make a card, layout or project using buttons

Here's my project for today---

Hello my crafty friends!  I'm so excited to share my design project with you today.  Mary asked the design team to create a project using buttons.  You are never going to believe what stamp set I used to make this card--You're the Man.  Yep, I used Mary's newest stamp set that is basically for creating cards for gentleman.  I used the glasses from the set and the sentiment "Lookin' GOOD!" and created a female card.  I just love, love, love it when I find a way to use a stamp set other than what you would generally use it for. When I first thought this project up, the Kentucky Derby came to mind.  You know how the ladies always wear those big fancy hats...it seems like they always have big sunglasses on, too. 

I started with a 3.5x6.5" base card from kraft cardstock and added a black mat measuring 3.25x6.25".  My patterned papers are from the Authentique 6x6 paper pad called Gathering which features patterns using blue, orange, beige and black.  I used a subtle beige flowered background mat cut at 3x5".  Then I went to my Cricut cartridge Forever Young for my hat (cut @ 2"), necklace (cut @ 1") and blouse (cut at 12").  I embellished the blouse with 4 teeny, tiny buttons.  I recently found them on clearance at Hobby Lobby and picked them up not knowing what I would use them for.  They were just perfect for this project. For the gem in the necklace I used an orange Goosebump gem and I added another button to the center of the flower on the hat.  To make the sunglasses I used my latest obsession--my VersaMark Embossing Pad.  I never heat embossed until just a couple weeks ago.  Now I can't stop using it.  After I stamped the glasses on white cardstock I added WOW Embossing Powder in Cotton Candy Blue and heat embossed it.  Then I used a black Copic marker to color the lenses of the glasses and applied Glossy Accents to make them look like sunglasses.  I popped them up with my favorite Stampin' Up dimensionals.  My sentiment is also heat embossed on my banner which I cut from the My Creative Time Chocolate Greetings Die.  As a finishing touch I added another orange button to the banner.

I hope you have a chance to play along with our challenge for the chance to win some of Mary's stamps for yourself.  All you have to do is create a card with buttons and link it up using Mr. Linky over at Cardz TV.

14 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!!

Brenda said...

OMGosh Jeri, this card is adorable! I love how stylish this card is, the sunglasses are really awesome looking!!! I love the blouse, those tiny buttons are amazing!!! Just a really cute card! I love it to when you can use something other than what it was design for and you did a great job with this stamp set! Hugs!

Sarah said...

This cracks me up-- I love the shades and the little tiny buttons down the dress are brilliant-- love it :) Have a wonderful weekend my oh so talented crafty friend!

Unknown said...

I just love this card Jeri, love the sunglasses~love it all..
Hugs
Rachelle

Lizzie Laine said...

Oh my goodness Jeri your card is just too cute! Great job!
Elaine

The Queen (Laura) said...

I love the shades. The tiny buttons are so cute! The card is definitely "Lookin' GOOD! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
DT Sister

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Jeri!!!! I so love your invisible woman!!! The sunglass look so real. Love the necklace and that great blouse. And the bg paper is just so pretty!! :)

Sparkly Engineer said...

Love this card and made from a masculine set? Who would have guessed it. Heat embossing is soooo fun. I love watching the powder heat up and change. - Easily entertained I guess. lol.

Jennifer said...

SUPER CUTE!!!

Janis Lewis said...

How fun is this!

sweetscrappingma said...

Great card for a guy they are so difficult.

Nana said...

Just tooooo cute.

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Unknown said...

Great inspiration for me to go out of my comfort zone

Unknown said...

Love this