Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Cutting Cafe Halloween Pillow Box Treats


It's Sunday and time for another Cutting Café featured set.  This week Regina asked the design team to create pillow boxes using any theme.  I wanted to have a few treats on hand for friends on Halloween.  Since we live in a 55 or older community we don't have any trick or treaters, but we usually get together with friends.  I used the Assorted Pillow Box cutting file to make my boxes.  I resized them so I could fit four on a mat and cut them with my Silhouette using the SVG file.  All my patterned papers are from Bazzill.  I won them from Scrapbook and Cards Today a couple years ago.  Like most papercrafters I have a hoard that seldom gets used.  Now that I don't have a house with a craftroom and we spend part of the year in Florida and the summer months in Michigan it's become difficult to store a lot of supplies.  I'm trying to use what I have.  I admit, though, it's very difficult for me not to buy new 6x6 paper stacks.  I love them so much.  On a recent outing with my Bestie, Jennifer, I told her to slap me if I picked up any paper and not to let me buy it.  Being the good friend she is and also having a paper addiction, she did not hit me when I found a Simple Stories paper pad on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  We both recognize a good deal when we find it.  LOL

To embellish my little boxes I cut tags for each one using a tag die from My Creative Time.  I added a scallop circle to each tag and then my sentiment which is from The Cutting Café Assorted Halloween Word Circles.  I added black and white gingham ribbon to each tag then tied on smaller tags with words from the Halloween Mini Words printable stamp set.  Each of these boxes will hold small Hershey chocolate bars or two (square) mini bars of candy.  Don't forget to stop by The Cutting Café Blog on Wednesday to see the rest of the DT projects.

5 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Jeri what an awesome set of pillow boxes....I love everything you do girlie....hugs

Julie Odil said...

I love the papers you used. Your friends will surely enjoy getting these!

oscaralley said...

I love your treat boxes. AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I've been making some pillow boxes too, although not nearly as cute as yours! I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. If you would like to participate just go to my blog for details. Have a great day!

Brenda said...

Love your pillow boxes Jeri! They are so festive and fun!! The MCT tag looks great on them and I love the circle sentiments and that tiny tag with the cute words! I am glad that your friend didn't smack ya and I'm glad that you both recognize a great deal! lol Just know you are not alone in have a paper addiction! lol Hugs my friend!