
I got to choose this week's challenge at Cardz TV and I wanted to go with a theme that is near (literally) and dear to my heart and that's Breast Cancer Awareness. I've almost made it to my four year anniversary from when I had a bilateral mastectomy because I had breast cancer. As you may know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and pink is the color associated with it. I like to give little cards to friends or family members as a reminder for them to get a yearly mammogram. For my card I used a 3x4 journaling die from My Creative Time to cut the base and background piece for my card. I used the MME Madison Ave. 6x6 paper pad for all the elements on my card. My ribbon was cut from the Cricut Stand and Salute cartridge. The pretty flowers are made with an Impression Obsession spiral flower die and they're embellished with tiny pink pearls in the center. A little American Greetings pink twine and my sentiment from the Cardz TV Stamps More Encouraging Thoughts stamp set finished this little card off.
I know that I've said this on my blog for the past three years, but it bears saying again, I am living proof that EARLY DETECTION saves lives. Please get a yearly mammogram so you can continue to make happy memories with your loved ones for years to come.
13 comments:
Jen your little card is so precious along with your heartwarming story and all your loving and caring words that you share. Thanks for what and how you go about doing it you definitely are a gal who has a passion and love for life. God bless you always.
Hi Jeri just me again I just want to say a big thank you for all the little cards you send to your gal friends as reminders. You are a very thoughtful and sweet gal. Your outlook on life comes from having the Lord in your heart and God is smiling down upon you for what you do and how you go about doing it. Here's to a very happy craftin' kind off fun day!! Again, I love your card that you did for the challenge and your idea for the challenge is a great one.
This is just beautiful Jeri! I love those pretty flowers on the breast cancer ribbon! And I'm so glad that you got your mamo and are here with us today because of early detection!! Congrats on your 4 year anniversary!! Hugs my friend!
yes so true early Detection is key several years back they found seven "grains of sand" size pre cancerous cells. I was so lucky...your card is beautiful
Gorgeous! And thank you so much for sharing your story--- you're so right-- early detection is so important!!!
Beautiful card, please stop by LUFP and link up your card. We have over $1K worth of prizes to giveaway! :)
http://www.linkupforpink.com/2013/10/3rd-annual-link-up-for-pink.html
Elegant & Beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
What a beautiful card, I love the flowers with the Pearls.
what a lovely card Jeri. love ya
So gorgeous Jeri! TFS :)
Michelle (DT sister)
Purple Monkey Moments
This is so stunning Jeri!! I love it!!! The ribbon and those beautiful flowers. Awesomeness for sure!!!! :)
This is so pretty!! I love the flowers and twine. Great job!!
So pretty! The flowers look wonderful with the pearls for the center. I'm so glad they caught yours early. Wonderful job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
Post a Comment