Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cardz TV Gallery Fun Countdown

Hello my crafty friends!  I have a cute and quick little project to share with you today that I made for the Cardz TV Gallery. Hubby and I are very excited. In less than two weeks now our two granddaughters, Paige (5 yr.) and Payton (8 yr.) will be coming to Florida for a Disney vacation. Hubby and I have resident season passes to Disney World so we will be joining them for lots of fun memory making time while they are here.

I used my Cricut and the Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut the mouse head and the thumbs up images. Next I added my title with some alphabet stamps in my stash. I embellished it even further with lots of cute sentiments from Cardz TV Stamps. I cut some paper strips in red, yellow and white so the girls could make a paper chain. Every night before they go to bed they tear off one strip.

I used the following Cardz TV stamp sets:

  • Cardz TV Stamps-"FAQ's"
  • Cardz TV Stamps-"Good Times"
  • Cardz TV Stamps-"Picture This"
  • Cardz TV Stamps-"This 'n' That"
There are so many other ways you could adapt this project to other occasions. You could make one for a child to count down the days until their birthday or any holiday just by changing up the main image and adding appropriate sentiments. You could use a party hat to count down days until a child's birthday or a tree for Christmas. It's an easy project that a child can help with by making the links into a paper chain. If you haven't crafted with a child lately, consider this a challenge to do so. 

My granddaughter Payton will be having a special sleepover night here at our place while visiting. I sent her an email (she just got her own email address) and asked her what she would like to do while she is here. The very first thing she said was "craft together". Yep, she's my girl. I'll share the project that I'm planning on making with her in a future post. Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

3 comments:

Joan Smith said...

WOW girl I was just at the Cardz TV Gallery and saw you project and left a comment and the popped over here....I am totally impressed with what you created You did an awesome job and how ever so clever of you!! WOW I love it.....YOU are the BEST GRANDMA and SO ROCK

Sharon said...

What a great project!! I'm sure the grands are super excited to going to Disney and having a way to know how long it will be without bothering Mom!!! :)

Brenda said...

What a fun project and great idea for the grands to count down the days until their Disney vacation Jeri!! I love this so much!!! But I get the grandkids will love it even more. lol Hugs, Brenda