Today I have a Thanksgiving card I made for the current challenge at My Creative Time. This card has been in the works for months. In fact, since Emma's summer release of the Surf's Up stamp and die set. As soon as my set was delivered and I was looking at it I knew the surfboard would make perfect turkey feathers. Funny how the mind works sometimes, isn't it! Then I had to design a body to go with my feathers. I used several different My Creative Time sets to accomplish this. I will have a list at the end of my post. Can you guess what I used for the turkey's gobbler and his feet? I hand cut a triangle to use for the turkey's beak. His eyes are from Peachy Keen. Here is the photo for the color inspiration.
List of MCT products used on this project:
- All Around Holidays-Small stitched leaf
- Bunch of Fun Circle Dies-Turkey's feather base and head
- Hello Spring egg die- Turkey's body
- Loyal Friends-Turkey's gobbler (dog spot) and turkey's feet (dog bone), Fence
- Mixed Holiday Sentiments
- Piles of Smiles-Stitched leaf
- Stitched Cartoon Cloud Dies
- Stitched Grass Die
- Surf's Up-Turkey's feathers

9 comments:
This is just so super adorable!!!
What a cute cute turkey with those sad looking eyes.
Super creative use for those surf board dies.... LOVE it!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with the My Creative Time Designers Challenge!!!
Hee! What a cute little turkey...love him!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)
so cute
OMG your TURKEY is just TOO CUTE!!!! SUPER DUPER job with it,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!! :)
Adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us at MCT!!! Lee-Ann :)
Oh you clever girl you!!! I love the surf board for the turkey's feathers!! You did a great job at using the MCT dies to make this cutie. I know his feet are dog bones, but for the life of me I can't figure out what you used for his gobbler. I guess I need to keep studying it. lol You did a great job on this Jeri! Hugs, Brenda
Jeri ~ BEYOND CLEVER!!! OMG~ using the egg die, the surfboards, circles and goodness the bones! I seriously LOVE this! Great idea for thinking out of the box!! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designers Challenge!
So clever and oh so cute! Love it! Thanks for joining in on the My Creative Time: Designer Challenge!!!! :)
This turkey is super cute!!! Very creative. I love it!!! <3
Thank you for joining us over at My Creative Time - Designer Challenge!!!
Post a Comment