Friday, January 16, 2015

AHOY! Pirate Bear


Hello, my crafty friends! As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a series of cards to send to my 3 year old grandson this year while his daddy is on deployment. I'm continuing with my bear theme for the month of January and today I have Pirate Bear. I cut him with my Cricut using the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge at 3.5". I've been using stitched rectangular dies from My Creative Time to put all my cards together. It makes the process so much quicker to be able to cut these stitched layers for my cards. I also added a little sand dune and a blue wave which are also My Creative Time dies.

Hubby and I have been working on this "deployment" project together. For his part he has been composing letters to go in the cards. He has been sorting through our photos from when our kids were small. He usually scans a couple pictures of our son into his letters and writes a story to go with them telling what the pictures are about. Kameron has been enjoying having his mommy read the letters to him and listening to the stories about his daddy when he was a little boy.  It's fun for us to reminisce and to share some family history with our grandson. I encourage all you grandparents out there to share family history with your grandkids as a legacy for your family.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute Jeri!!

Brenda said...

Awww, this is an adorable card Jeri! I love the idea that you and the Mister are working on this project together. I bet your grandson is having a grand time seeing these cards and having his mommy read these letters to him. I bet he stalks the mailman looking for new cards! You are a fabulous grandma my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

This is so very cute Jeri!! I love the fact that your hubby is getting in on your project. And the sharing of photos and stories of your son is an awesome idea!!! :)