Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Cutting Cafe It's About That Time


Happy New Year to all my crafty friends! Did you all spend New Year's Eve watching the clock for the magical time of 12:00 and the beginning of another year? Wow 2015! This week at The Cutting Cafe the DT has a free week to design with any Cutting Cafe file we desired. I decided to use an oldie but goodie called It's About That Time printable stamp set. This set comes with all kinds of clocks and time sentiments, 77 images, to be exact.

I was looking for a masculine feel to send a card to my son so I used the pocket watch. If you've read any of my recent posts you know that my Marine son deployed a couple weeks before Christmas. I've made it my personal mission to send him cards as often as possible while he is deployed, as well as his little 3 year old son he left behind. I thought this pocket watch was the perfect image to go with my sentiments. I decided to stamp my own sentiment with an alphabet stamp set from my stash. Sometimes you just can't find the perfect sentiment and need to make your own. Having an alphabet stamp set can help you do this. I used papers from the Simple Stories Yearology 6x6 paper pad. I added a die cut chain cut from textured gold cardstock and a few die cut stars scattered around. This card went together very quickly because all I had to do was print the pocket watch, hand cut it then assemble the card. Just for fun here is another card I created with the same stamp set. Love this card. It makes me think of my grandma and the cuckoo clock she had. Make sure you head over to The Cutting Cafe Blog on Wednesday, January 7th, to see all the fabulous designs from the Design Team.


4 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh Jeri, your cards are a delight! I love the clock on both of them, pocket watches are very masculine to me and I love that you made your own sentiment for this one. The cuckoo clock so so awesome, it's fun too! You rocked both of these cards my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Regina Easter said...

happy new year girl..i remember that blue one....it was totally fabulous...you so rock and i love the new project...so glad your on the team....hugs

bumblebee creations said...

ekkkk....I love them both, but have to say the blue one really catches my eye--love the country look of it!!

Tina Goodwin said...

Oh my! I love them both too! I really like that one is masculine and the other feminine. You did a great job!