Thursday, January 1, 2015
Sympathy for Payton
My sweet little granddaughter, Payton, lost her pet hamster on Christmas Day. If we were in Michigan, where she is, I could give her a big hug. Since we are in Florida I decided to send her a little card to let her know that Nana and Pop are sad for her. I found this cute little hamster on the Cricut Four-Legged Friends cartridge. I cut the image at 3.5". To make the card I started with a white base card (A2 size), topped with with a pretty blue mat that I cut with my My Creative Time Stitched Rectangular Frame dies. Next I added a speech bubble on the top edge and stamped the perfect sentiment on it from the MCT stamp set Live, Love, Bark. I also heat embossed a gold halo above the hamsters head with a stamp from this same set. To go along with the sentiment I stamped a tiny red heart on the hamster. I found the little heart in the MCT Build a Post Card Stamp set. I know that Payton is really going to love the card and knowing that we feel bad for her. I'm sure that we will be getting a phone call from her soon to tell us all about her new hamster. Her mom said that they will be taking her to the pet store for a new furry friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sweet card. I'm sure your granddaughter was comforted by it.
awwww, this will definitely cheer her up.
HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Awww, that is a tough one to lose your beloved pet on Christmas day! I'm sure this card will cheer her up some, knowing that her grandparents are sad right along with her. You are such a sweet grandma Jeri! Hugs, Brenda
Post a Comment