

I'm really happy with the way this card turned out. Many years ago I bought a pack of red, white and blue paper from Current Catalog. The Cutting Cafe's (http://www.thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/) 4th of July printed stamps were just the incentive I needed to dig this paper out of my stash. I just love, love, love Regina Easter's printable stamps from the Cutting Cafe. I hardly make a card without using them. "Let's hear it for the Red, White & Blue" and the Happy 4th of July circle stamp are both from Regina's 4th of July set one. She has a special going right now with some freebies if you order the 4th of July set so head over there to check it out.The supplies I used:
Current red, white and blue printed paper, white cardstock
DCWV textured cardstock in blue
Cricut-Plantin Schoolbook and Mini Monograms cartridges
Ribbon from Walmart
Flowers from Bazzill
Star brad from Joann's Crafts
Color Box Chalk ink in Blue Iris (to ink edges of blue & white cardstock)
The dimension of the card is 6 3/4" x 5 1/2". I used sketch #19 from Card Patterns (cardpatterns.blogspot.com) for my design. I cut the pattern paper using a red, white and blue plaid and a red with blue and white stars for the front of the card. I used a piece of textured cardstock in blue to separate the two prints. I cut the scallop from Plantin Schoolbook fit to length 6" with Tall Ball on. I added a piece of the cardstock to the top of the scallop to make it wider then added the ribbon to hide the seam. I printed the "Let's Hear it for the Red, White and Blue" then cut it out by hand and placed it under the scallop and on top of the print. Then I cut a scallop circle from the Cricut Mini Monograms at 2" with Real Dial Size on. I printed the "Happy 4th of July" circle stamp but before I printed it I shrunk it to 80%. I used a 1 11/16" circle punch to cut it out and placed it on top of the scallop circle. Then I added a star to the middle of the stamp cut at 3/4" from the blue textured cardstock using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. To finish it off I embellished the card with a small red flower on top of a larger white flower with a blue star brad in the center. I was planning on sending this card to my Aunt who just loves the 4th of July. I like it so much I don't know if I can part with it.
1 comment:
girl this is amazing...i love it...can i put it in the customer gallery?
Post a Comment