Monday, June 29, 2009

Card Patterns Sketch 21 challenge


This card was made for the Card Patterns Sketch 21 challenge. Alright, I admit, I am totally hooked on these card challenge sites. I've only scrapped a few pages for my friend's baby album which was supposed to be my first order of business during summer vacation. Of course, I've spent too much time sick with a sinus and ear infection. My husband retired on June 19th and we took off to enjoy our new "retirement" 5th wheel and I have been sick the whole time. When he got sick too we had to leave our trailer at the campground and come home to go to the dr. We did that this morning, I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly.
Anyway, on to my card. The supplies I used for this card:
  • White, purple and yellow cardstock
  • Yellow print paper (a scrap from my stash)
  • Stamp from Studio G
  • Purple organdy ribbon
  • Purple twill tape
  • Purple flower
  • Yellow brad
  • Colorbox chalk-Wisteria
  • Cricut-Stretch Your Imagination (scalloped frame)

This card is the standard 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". I cut the scalloped frame from the Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge at 6" to make it fit on the front of the card. I cut the scallops off the short ends so it would conform to the sketch better. I topped the purple scallops with a yellow print from my scrap bin. The stamp I used on this card came from a birthday set by Studio G that I got from my local Michael's store. There were several images and several sayings. I don't have much of a stamp collection, yet. Although, I do notice that the prices seem to be coming down and it is less expensive to buy the unmounted stamps and put them on the acrylic blocks (good idea-whoever thought of that). I inked the edges of the stamped images with the Wisteria chalk ink before mounting them on yellow paper. Before putting the image on the card I added the purple twill tape. I popped the saying out with some foam squares and then added the bow with the flower in the center. I added a few dots with my black marker for a finishing touch. I'll be putting this card into my birthday card stash.

No comments: